Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A couple of big priced ante post bets (Soccer/Superbowl)

Options
  • 05-12-2007 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭

(Although technically they're not ante post, and could even be classed as in running)

I've the Minnesota Viikings backed at 100 to win the Superbowl. Currently the form team in the NFC (bar Cowboys), they started poorly but have two class running backs which will help them in poor weather. If they get the wild card spot they'll probably play either Seattle or San Diego. I'd back the vikiings in either of those games. Their price will plummet as they near a play off spot so ample trading oppurtunities IMO. Obviously they're not guarenteed a play off spot yet but they're going forward while the likes of the Lions are fading quickly.

I've backed Frank Rijkarrd at 150 for the England job. Has indicated this will be his last season with Barca. Speaks perfect English and has already managed a national side (Holland). Seems to have the quiet dignity the FA will look for and an openness with the media too. I've also a fiver on Steve Coppell at 50/1 in case they go with an English man. Can't see anyone more qualified than him

I think there's far worse punts out there. Loads of reasons why they're big prices. i've just givena couple why i think they're overpriced

PS I hate the word soccer. Just didn't want to write Football/American Football in the title

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Vikings are 125/1 with Ladbrokes so I'm donating €5 of my hard earned, will give me an interest as the season moves on ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Should say My bets are all with betfair. As i'm using them for trading I prefer to have it all infront of merather than in different sites. 125/1 is excellent value IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

San diego in the NFC playoffs? Agree they do look good value but i wouldnt write off the Seahawks in th playoffs. Been there and done it alot of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

San diego in the NFC playoffs? Agree they do look good value but i wouldnt write off the Seahawks in th playoffs. Been there and done it alot of times.

Well there's a reason why they're 125/1 too...

I'm just giving a few reasons why I think they might be over priced.

Advertisement