Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you think is least deserving of their fame

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Jade Goody, thick, fat, talentless inbreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

Paris Hilton K fed Jodie Marsh and Kerry Katona

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Louis Walsh - a talentless, parasitic toad, feeding on the dreams of gullible young people. He is beneath contempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

spurious wrote: »
    Louis Walsh - a talentless, parasitic toad, feeding on the dreams of gullible young people. He is beneath contempt.

Good call, I do hate that knobend!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

politicians, councillers,
    lots of self prompting businessmen

it's like they are celeb's at this stage

generally I hate talentless unentertaining people

how come no one has mentioned the plank yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

the plank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Wow there are a lot of idiots on this thread. To put Amy Winehouse amongst the likes of Paris Hilton and Kerry Katona just makes me laugh. If you think that Amy Winehouse has no talent you know nothing about music. However, I don't think that Pete Doherty is the musical genious everyone portrays him to be. Don't think much of his music but there afre a LOT more people least deserving of their fame.

And as for Winehouse, maybe you wouldn't slag her off if you actually heard her voice - yknow when shes not off her head and you can actually hear the lyrics she's singing. I don't think much of these 'sad addictions' people have...too many celebs these days ave them and it is sad, but no one forced them to start drinking/taking drugs in the first place. She is talented though...I love her music. Back to Black is a fantastic album but I would imagine that you've heard Rehab too many times on the radio, you're sick of it, and that classes her as having 2 or 3 songs?? Listen to her ****ing albums. Everyone has to start somewhere. If she sorted herself out she could have a great career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

it's like they are celeb's at this stage?

Mary Harney, jaysus! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Wow there are a lot of idiots on this thread. To put Amy Winehouse amongst the likes of Paris Hilton and Kerry Katona just makes me laugh. If you think that Amy Winehouse has no talent you know nothing about music. However, I don't think that Pete Doherty is the musical genious everyone portrays him to be. Don't think much of his music but there afre a LOT more people least deserving of their fame.

And as for Winehouse, maybe you wouldn't slag her off if you actually heard her voice - yknow when shes not off her head and you can actually hear the lyrics she's singing. I don't think much of these 'sad addictions' people have...too many celebs these days ave them and it is sad, but no one forced them to start drinking/taking drugs in the first place. She is talented though...I love her music. Back to Black is a fantastic album but I would imagine that you've heard Rehab too many times on the radio, you're sick of it, and that classes her as having 2 or 3 songs?? Listen to her ****ing albums. Everyone has to start somewhere. If she sorted herself out she could have a great career

Uhmmm I'd like to think I know at least a thing or two about music, and I'm probably one of the ones you've labelled an idiot. Though you've also lambasted Pete Doherty proving that musical tastes are entirely objective and thus debasing your very argument. Though without question, people would respect her more as a person (if not necessarily a singer) if she 'cleaned up her act'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

TelePaul wrote: »
    Uhmmm I'd like to think I know at least a thing or two about music, and I'm probably one of the ones you've labelled an idiot. Though you've also lambasted Pete Doherty proving that musical tastes are entirely objective and thus debasing your very argument. Though without question, people would respect her more as a person (if not necessarily a singer) if she 'cleaned up her act'.

She's a one album wonder with a put-on black-woman voice,Her lyrics are crap and she's not going to last the tset of time literally OR figuratively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Degsy wrote: »
    She's a one album wonder with a put-on black-woman voice,Her lyrics are crap and she's not going to last the tset of time literally OR figuratively.

I think that as Irish people we're prone to instantaneous hero-worship. A medicore debut album is enough to earn you the respect of the masses, and I agree, most of these acts aren't in it for the long run.

With that in mind I'm adding Damien Rice to the list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Dinkie wrote: »
    Jade Goody, Sophie Anderton, Victoria Beckam, Jonathon Ross

oh and Sharon Osbourne.

Jonathon Ross???

Cant agreee with you there Dinkie, I love that guy. Love his friday night show, love him on panel gameshows, love him in Gordon Ramsay's programs.
    He is very very entertaining.

Amy Winehouse annoys me due to the over-exposure of her in the media, but thats not her fault. Her few songs are overplayed aswell which also irritates me.

Pete Doherty annoys me cos he's done nothing in recent years but still seems to be in the papers every week.

Big Brother/Celebrity whatever people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

TelePaul wrote: »
    I think that as Irish people we're prone to instantaneous hero-worship. A medicore debut album is enough to earn you the respect of the masses, and I agree, most of these acts aren't in it for the long run.

With that in mind I'm adding Damien Rice to the list

A nation of lickspittles is what we are!Colin Farrell..the worst actor in the entire world was feted as a god here for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

i have a few:
    Gavin L-M twIT boy
    Colleen soon-to-be Rooney - she is marrying an over-paid, over-rated soccer player..sooner her than me uuughh
    Ms Jade "I ain't" goody
    Chantelle whatever
    Kerry Katona
    Pete Doherty - does anyone know any of his songs?
    Louis "louise" Walsh - he was introduced as Louise in Belfast X factor trails
    K Fed - married a screwed up rich girl and have taken her children and she pays him maintanance
    Chelsea and Kate - girlfriends of party going royals .....who cares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bubblebobble

Anyone RTE thinks is great.

The only celebrity jig I want to see is Jordan getting her man lads out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

lucylu wrote: »
    Pete Doherty - does anyone know any of his songs?

Babyshambles
    Lost art of murder
    f*ck forever
    delivery
    albion

and a few more

Advertisement