Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Puntos ???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

Suzywuzy wrote: »
    Parden my stupidity, but what's an Active Sound ???? :p

Its a model of Punto, speakers are 100W, including small speakers i think there are 7 in total. Brilliant sound quality!!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

actually this came up a while ago on one of these threads, theres some button for city driving that makes everything turn sh*t maybe this is why, any wiser individual willing to shine light on this?

I never actually saw this fabled button

woop wrote: »
    actually this came up a while ago on one of these threads, theres some button for city driving that makes everything turn sh*t maybe this is why, any wiser individual willing to shine light on this?

Oh god when there are drunk ppl in the car and they try to press the window button on the centre console they end up pressing the city button or warning lights, thats kind of annoying.

The city button is handy in tight parking spaces, its like double power steering!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Yeah, it was in between the electric window buttons (I think) - it was marketed as "The Girly Button" to make it easier for parking. As you say, crap for driving normally when it was on.

keefg wrote: »
    Yeah, it was in between the electric window buttons (I think) - it was marketed as "The Girly Button" to make it easier for parking. As you say, crap for driving normally when it was on.

Yeah exactly i know a few women with puntos and they use it a good bit. I have used it twice both times showing people what the button does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Suzywuzy wrote: »
    Hey !

I'm looking for opinions on Fiat Punto's in general. I've heard alot of bad reports about them from friends/family yet the two people I know that currently own one can't say a bad word about them !!!

Little confused !!! :confused:

Have my Punto for 10 years and 100k km and never had the problem!!! :)

Surely it will also help your success with women :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

stooge wrote: »
    has anybody her changed the rear lights on a fiat punto sporting (2000)?

I gather that they are tricky to replace. Any help would be very welcome!

Put lexus lights onto a 02,which i presume would be the same thing. Simple job. Ten mins literally... Also for the OP that same 02 was bought new in 02, currently has 33000miles on it and all that has when wrong (besides the wheel falling off:o) was a wiper blade arm and the exhaust... Both very simple job... The wheel, well, not so simple...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

TripleAce wrote: »
    Have my Punto for 10 years and 100k km and never had the problem!!! :)

Surely it will also help your success with women :)

Hey again !

Hmmm, I'm actually a girl myself so not really looking for success with women, thanks anyway tho !!! Haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭kmb

Had loads of fiats,850,128,uno fire,punto 1997 elx,brava 1.2 16v and now have the 1.2 stilo with full roof sunroof!

Only problem i ever had was teaching sister to drive in the brava and the gearbox differential got shagged.
    The elx was like a bomb to go and very economical to run.Never had a problem but do know the head gasket needs changing around the 45k mark.
    Genuine fiat parts are fairly cheap.

Now fiat had some bad cars especially the brava 1.4 12vavlve but with a little research into models helps.
    This applies to ALL CARS AND MAKES!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

If its a Grande Punto(the new look punto) then go for it! Great car and very well specced too for its price. It definitely cannot be compared to its predecessors. The Punto is Fiat main image problem. I drive a Stilo specced to an abarth and the styling is better than most competition around for a 7year old design and the build in mine('05) is pretty good but I've been in some 01-03 puntos and they feel horrible.

Go test drive one and instead of trying boards go have a look at the punto or punto grande section on www.fiatforum.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its only in the MK2 up, and in some Fiats it has the nasty habit of ****ing your power steering for about 2 miles after its turned off - its like steering a bus in to corners, and low speed manoeuvres require you to turn off and on the engine every few inches.

And I don't find it realistically helps with parking manoeuvres in my current Fiat, but its fecking tiny to begin with...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

City buttons lightens up the steering for ..well..city driving or parking etc. I found it very useful before I changed tyres to a 225 width. Now the city button combined with this will pull my car ini every direction with the slightest bump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I used the city button once to try it out - nearly put the car into a house it made the steering so light. never touched it again. the car was so easy to move anyway that I can't see why you'd need it at all.

Advertisement