Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Vino Pasta open yet..

Options
  • 05-12-2007 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

and if it is, what's it like? Anyone know who the new management is?

Looking for somewhere that's not fully booked for Sat night!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

As far as I can remember it was open when i drove by on saturday night

under new management again!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

It's the same management - sorry. Just been renovated. They wanted the table back after an hour and a half. Drives me mad so not going there! Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I found the food alright there, but don't think I've ever had such rude service before.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Went for a family meal on one of our birthdays, never having been there before, but were refused because they said no kids were allowed after 7pm. It was 6.30pm. That was in 1999 or 2000, and never have been inside there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

From my own experience there, you're better off getting the later sitting to avoid being hurried through your meal and turfed out. But agree with other posts re rude service.

• Advertisement

That's disgraceful re the kids. You'd wonder how the old management got away with it, yet the restaurant was packed.

Re the two sittings. I plain refuse to do it - unless I'm going on somewhere. To spend approx €200 and to be shoved out the door an hour and a half later. No way! As long as people put up with it and keep spending the money, the restaurants will get away with it.

*grumble grumble*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jenc

Did you try the cherry blossom?

Great food, Cheap and nice service.

Sharkra (or however it's spelt)

Fantastic food, really friendly guys little bit more expensive.

or Hungry monk.

Great food expensive and not great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

jenc wrote: »

or Hungry monk.

Chakra is one of the best resaraunts i've EVER been in. The service is fantastic as is the food.

The hungry monks is also very good but if you eating downstairs is like getting on the 7.45am Dart, they really pack you in. Upsairs is nice but pretty expensive for what you get

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

jenc wrote: »

or Hungry monk.

Actually we did try the hungry Monk and although the owner was fine about seating us with three kids, the kids weren't thrilled about the perceived fanciness nor the adult-orientated menu, so I think we ended up going to the Pizza Mill (now Jade Royal). This was long before Chakra, Bocchelli's, Scent Garden, Three Qs, Bel's, etc. existed. Coopers was good for families (now Diva), and Royal Park was around then. Still have never had a sit-down in Cherry Blossom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I've heard loads about the Hungry Monk actually, that upstair does some lovely food.. hmm...

Also what's Diva like?

I haven't found the service too bad in Vino Pasta, was there with my bf in June and got a table for about 8.30 on a sunday but they weren't hovering around when it was nearly only us 2 left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

My new favourite is the Three Q's... took about a year for me to get around to going there but am hooked..

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

Have been there twice since it's re-opened and had a lovely meal both times. Food was great, much smaller and better menu than before, and the sevice couldn't have been more attentive! Food and service are much better than Diva too!

We ate at Diva at the weekend, had the table from 8 and could have stayed until the end. The food was lovely and very good value (if you ate off the pasta/pizza menu). Lovely atmosphere too. Great not to leave with empty pockets but full bellies :)

Advertisement