Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

early testing

Options
  • 05-12-2007 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

hi

i came off the pill 2 months ago, always was irregular before i was on it. my 1st cycle was 35 days long after coming off it and now i'm on day 32 of 2nd cycle. i did a test on day 30 and it was neg ;-(. and i have no patience!!! anyone any info on early testing. i'm just wondering if it is still possible to get a positive result in a few more days..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Assuming you mean pregnancy testing then it all depends when you ovulated or did the deed! If your cycle is irregular then that would be pretty hard to predict at this stage. If this cycle is going to be 35 days like the last one that means that day 30 would probably have been too early to get a positive test. Your period comes about 14 days after ovulation... so a test would show positive round about then. The more sensitive ones would maybe show postive a couple of days earlier.

But as I said with an irregular cycle and without knowing when you ovulated 'tis hard to tell :( Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ag1975

i kinda covered all eventualities regarding the timing of ovulation :D (and i don't know if i have the energy to do again all next month!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

ag1975 wrote: »
    i kinda covered all eventualities regarding the timing of ovulation :D (and i don't know if i have the energy to do again all next month!)

:D:D

You know you can get ovulation tests. They're just like pregnancy tests except the line appears when you're close to ovulation. Even if you have all eventualities covered at least you would know when your period might be due and therefore know when it's late. They're expensive though.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

ag1975 wrote: »

Please, please dont be too disheartened if it hasnt happened this time! Your body may be just settling back into a natural rhythm still.
    Enjoy the practise. Its meant to be fun, not just a means to an end.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The persona testing system will tell you when you are ovulating, you can get one in most clinics it requires you do a unrine test each morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

You can buy the persona and other ovulating test in boots, there not that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

If you are actively trying to conceive, I would recommend buying your testing kits in bulk - you can get ovulation and pregnancy tests for a fraction of the price online.

http://www.testsforless.com is a good site.

Advertisement