Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking issues since white lines

Options
  • 05-12-2007 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi folks
    Has anyone else had issues parking since the white lines were put in???
    I live in the Grove and 3 times in the last week getting back later on for whatever reason ive not been able to park in a space..not just near my house but anywhere! have resorted to parking on the road and its driving me mad. Is there an intention to allocate a space to a house or something
    similar??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

Why cant they just number the spaces? surely this would solve all the parking problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

How many spaces are there and how many units do they serve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 essentialjc

No idea, but since they have come in I never get a space near my house! think the main issue is people now think they have to park within the spaces and not on the road, we only have a single car, people have 2 in some cases 3 so the spaces are quickly taken...very frustrating

Each apartment should be allocated one space, this should be numbered with the persons apartment number. Any spare spaces should be unmarked allowing visitors or people with more than one car to park there. Surely this makes sense? Who do you contact to get this done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dublingirl

As far as I can recall it was decided at the AGM last year that the spaces wouldn't be allocated to apartments / duplexs because it would be impossible to police and the Management Company didn't want to be getting complaints from residents re other residents parking in their spaces as it would be impossible to track the offenders.

• Advertisement

Yeah then that just makes me wonder why bother lining the spaces out at all?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Yeah then that just makes me wonder why bother lining the spaces out at all?!

Lining it out makes people park in actual bays thus increasing the number of parking spots rather than the random parking and thinking you can fit a van in a space only fit for a Fiat 500.

I don't see why you guys can't number out the spaces, the court and the wood have it done ( and yes, I hear there are people parking in other people's spaces)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

its a load of pox! pretty much every new development in ireland now marks spaces with apartment numbers. i was told it was up to the res commitee to decide...

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

I live in the Park and there's always spaces where we are? Also I think that the numbered spaces look horrible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 daithilocha

i live in the court and ours are munbered and i reckon its the best way..
    never anyone in my spot when i get home or at the weekends.
    tis fabalas.

• Advertisement

Just seems to me that the lines have actually taken spaces away?! I dunno, never had that many issues in the past getting a space...perhaps its just a coincidence since the lines went in?!!

Advertisement