Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard Advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Gigabyte board is good. Not sure about the Asus will leave that to someone else. As for futureproofing, people worry about it too much. DDR2 is more then sufficient for a considerable time yet, as are current CPU's for anything but the enthusiasts.

Ditch the 8600GTS, about as bad a choice as you could make. This is much cheaper and infinitely faster, like comparing night and day. Even a 100 euro X1950Pro will outperform that GTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭brophis

I have the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R and think it's a great board. Real easy overclock. The rest is probably covered in all them reviews.
    I agree with Havok on the DDR2, nothing to worry about, by the time DDR3 becomes afforadable it'll be time to change mobo anyway.

I have the ATI HD3850 on its way to me at the moment, great performance for the price of it from benchmarks I've seen.

If you want to future proof you might consider getting the Q6600. It's E60 extra and you can overclock it to match the E6750 easily. More applications are starting to take advantage of multiple cores now and the Q6600 is at a bargain price. But of course it'll be down to what you plan to use the machine for.

Advertisement