Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no hands + strong winds = humiliation

Options
  • 05-12-2007 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭

second off of the season :) yay! happened in my own wee cul-de-sac. one minute i'm casually adjusting the straps on me bag, the next i'm kissing the tarmac á-la J P II. no harm done but some kids laughed at me :( . fcuk em. though i suppose it was quite funny, maybe.

anyway, one hand on the bars at all times lads :D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

You beauty. Last spring I set out for my first training ride with a buddy and he was asking me about my LOOK pedals as he hadn't started using clipless at that stage. I told him they are great and very easy to use and that I've never fallen off when trying to disengage. I think you can tell where I'm going with this... so we get to the top of the first climb of the day and stop to catch a breather, whereby I duly keel over to one side struggling to get my feet out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Classic. Hope it didn't put him off ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

nearly done this on the way back from town today....then my brain kicked in(not very often this happens!!)but ye otherwise id have met a 29a.
    ye one hand on the bars!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Raam wrote: »
    You beauty. Last spring I set out for my first training ride with a buddy and he was asking me about my LOOK pedals as he hadn't started using clipless at that stage. I told him they are great and very easy to use and that I've never fallen off when trying to disengage. I think you can tell where I'm going with this... so we get to the top of the first climb of the day and stop to catch a breather, whereby I duly keel over to one side struggling to get my feet out.

Similar situation in Phibsboro couple of weeks ago. Got wedged between a car and the pavement with my left foot below the pavement edge. As it's a fixie I couldn't back pedal, and I couldn't kick out my heel to disengage the cleats from the spd pedal. So, in a very unglamorous slow motion, in front of a load of people waiting for the bus, I keeled over. Overheard one of them (in very Dublin junkie-type drawl) saying 'Fcuksake man, thats terrible tha' is'. I was almost touched by his concern, as I was in fact expecting some of them to laugh.:o

Advertisement