Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panel building

Options
  • 05-12-2007 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey anyone out there working in the panel building game.Ihear from some people that its an interesting job to be in but is it all its cracked up to be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Darren it sounds boring as hell to me.
    I deal with the lads in klochner moeller sometimes though and they seem to enjoy the handy life;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I know a lot of the bigger SG cmpanies are not using electricans for a lot of the work.,. so i dont know what the money would be like at the start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Darren R

Stoner wrote: »
    I know a lot of the bigger SG cmpanies are not using electricans for a lot of the work.,. so i dont know what the money would be like at the start
    Yeah not to sure about the money aspect prob not enough to keep the bills paid the wolf away from the door and keep the missus in the lifestyle she's used to

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭jonnner

Actually its the smaller manufacturers you will find use less actual electricians.

Pay is fine if your qualified but it would be difficult to get a job if you don't have proper panel wiring expereince. Most guys working in these places have served their time wiring panels.

As to whether it is more interesting than general contracting, they both have advantages and disadvantages over each other. Main differences being that if you are Panel building you will be in the same place everyday and if your contracting you will be doing much more physical work.

That being said, I find Panel builders to be a happier bunch than contractors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Darren it sounds boring as hell to me.

I have to agree! The money is crap too.
    As to whether it is more interesting than general contracting, they both have advantages and disadvantages over each other. Main differences being that if you are Panel building you will be in the same place everyday and if your contracting you will be doing much more physical work.

For a start you will not get travel money!

• Advertisement
Advertisement