Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is Raw's greatest superstar?

• 05-12-2007 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Vince McMahon is supposed to reveal Raw's greatest superstar to the world next week, although it will end up being some angle no doubt, but who do you all reckon is really the greatest?

Personally I would have to go with The Rock. When I think of my favourite Raw moments he features in the majority of them. In particular I'm thinking of his face-offs with Hogan, Triple H and Stone Cold. Also who could forget The Rock concert 1 and 2.

He might not be the greaest wrestler but Raw hasn't tended to be about the wrestling but rather two hours of fast-paced entertainment, and as far as I'm concerned, no one embodies that better than The Great One.

Who would you choose?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Personally the whole Stone Cold vs McMahon angle was the best time fro RAW for me, I still laugh thinking at the whole "enforced enema" episode

When I think of the storylines based on great characters like Stone Cold, Mankind, The Rock, DX, Taker etc I really see how rubbish the recent years have been

So taking that into account I have to go for Stone Cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think Austin was the greatest draw Raw has ever had, so from that point of view, it must be him.

On the other hand, from a match quality point of view, it probably has to be Shawn Michaels. Nobody has been in more consistantly good matches, no one has put over more talent than HBK.

In summation - I dont know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Real831

The Rock by a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Vince is announcing the Greatest Superstar in Raw's history?

It will obviously be Vince himself.

But I would have to go for Austin. He was very entertaining (and still is!) and provided some of the most memorable moments in Raws history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

HBK by a mile until his injury then Austin, gah its so hard to choose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

in order

1.rock
    2.austin
    3.michaels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Santino Marella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A thread like this is pointless unless you actually say why you believe someone is the greatest. Its boring if its just giving a name and thats that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd say Austin, he's still the first person I think of when I think of Raw. He had the most impact on the show

Rock and HBK are both very close though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Eugene..no explanation needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

He'll probably pick hornswoggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

hbk
    pree 98 he was the best and post 2002 he had the best matches on raw (cena and hhh best matches were on ppv)and he spent all his time on raw i cant think of any time he was drafted to sd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Gotta be HBK. Just for the early D-X period alone. Early Kane was great as well.

RE The Rock, am I the only one who associates him with Smackdown. I had always thought that that show was kind of launched by the Rock

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The Contender are:

SCSA: huge draw, big impact and great feuds etc

HBK: his early DX time was revolutionary and he has always been at an exceptional high standard.

Bret Hart: he was named Raw superstar of the decade or something a few years back wasnt he?

The Rock: Great promos and matches, nuerous Raw moments and the title could be the carrot Vince would use to tempt him back for a one off appearance.

Vince: would anyone be shocked if Vinnie Mac picked himself

HHH: son in law, great matches, feuds etc but he has also been absent from the show a lot less than the other main competitors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It's hard to choose between Austin, Foley, HBK and the Rock.

I'd have to go with Austin though.
    He was pivotal in the ratings turnaround at the beginning of the century.
    He also turned the whole heel/ face thing on its head.

Honourable mention to the late great Owen Hart.
    I'd say he would be in the big leagues if he was still alive today.

Bret Hart: he was named Raw superstar of the decade or something a few years back wasnt he?

Nope, that was Austin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

IT'S THE ROCK THAT WINS IT BY A MILE,

without a doubt he is the best ever that that industry has seen let alone raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I'd have to go with Austin too ... with rock just behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

What about HHH. He has been by far the most dominant superstar on Raw. All the high profile and great things he was involved in. Yeah people give out about him and no smark is gonna pick him but if you think about it for a second:

- His feud with Foley where Cactus came back
    - DX with Michaels and China
    - Revolutionsing DX and all the cool stuff they did
    - Being in the corporation / corporate ministry
    - Mariage angle with Steph
    - McMahon Helmsley era
    - Multi time WWE champ and long reigns as well
    - Great matches with The Rock, Austin etc
    - Evolution
    - Lots more

He at least deserves to be mentioned alongside The Rock, Austin and HBK

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    He at least deserves to be mentioned alongside The Rock, Austin and HBK

All those 20 minute promos that he opened Raw with bring him down a peg or two in my view. Although he did do some fun stuff. I just don't see as many negatives with Austin or Rock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

my nomination is the jabroni beating, pie eating, Trailblazin, eyebrow raising, eyebrow cocked, elbow locked Poeples Champ the rock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

I have to agree with EC18....The rock beats all we all know it deep down there is no-one and the rock means no-one more electrifing in sports and entertainment as the

"jabroni beating, pie eating, Trailblazin, eyebrow raising, eyebrow cocked, elbow locked Poeples Champ the rock"

Advertisement