Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car searched by Garda

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

If you have nothing to hide, let them search....if your not happy with the way in which the search is being carried out why not voice your objection to the ofending garda or to his superiors.
    The law is on your side as much as its on his.
    This Garda bullying S.h.i.t.e. has to end!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

ok, firstly. Young male drivers like myself are always prime suspects. so get over it. This probably won't be the last time you get searched. OP you never mentioned what car you drive? i suspect it could be jap, boy racer but this is just speculation.

I have been stopped. for driving too fast. a patrol car coming out of an estate emerged just as i passed doing 80km/h in a 50 zone. I was polite and answered everything calmy with manners. Probably why they searched you was because you're young. no licence with you so this raises alarm bells with the gards.

I have been searched and i lost count of how many times while the two gards searched my car and me the times they said 'any hash or other drugs etc', to me.

Again i stay calm, answer with a proper manner because i know i have nothing to hide. also i don't want to hold them up any longer. If you get cheeky they will think of something more to hold you up on. remember,
    they're getting paid to stand at the side of the road. You're not.

As mentioned above, the gards can go through these bank statements etc to cofirm they're yours. this is due to identity theft being the new problem.

Can you please verify what type of car you're driving? seems a lot of posters including myself are eager to know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Feelgood wrote: »
    This is amazing.....random drug checks.....Though if you need a cop in Ardee, Co Lu after 12:30am you have to ring Navan and it takes them about 4 hours to get there....

Yet they have guys driving up and down the road stopping random students...excellent truly excellent...what a country....:rolleyes:

If you need a guard in ardee you usually have to ring navan or u are put through to navan anyway. If it takes 4 hrs for a guard to reach you then ur call is not a priority call. Navan itself is a very busy town for the guards. You would not believe how busy it is!! Navan is fairly big town in itself and during the night the navan gardai have to patrol their district which is far bigger with maybe one or two cars.

You must remember that the guards have to prioritise calls due to manpower restraints. The high priority calls of course are attended to as quickly as possible. An example of these are robbery,traffic accidents,serious assaults etc. Low priority would be thefts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Im driving a new shape astra, not suped up or anything.

Advertisement