Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

social clubs in Wexford...

• 05-12-2007 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

I'm am moving back to Wexford town, and I had a question regarding clubs - besides the tennis, rugby and sailing club, are there any other clubs I could join in Wexford? I'm ideally looking for something outdoorsy, and with a bit of a social life attached to it!:D

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

Hi there,
    well there are several different clubs about...something outside/social might be the Camera club.....if of interest they meet at the arts centre every second week. I believe they are opening membership in January so worth checking out.
    Another outside group that springs to mind is based at the bird sanctuary (north slob) - they arrange walks on a regular basis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Thanks - the camera club sounds interesting, I'll be around town this weekend, so will ask around.

I'm sure there is plenty of clubs around, its just a matter of finding them! There used to be a book you could get which used to list the different types of clubs around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Not Outdoorsy but the Film Club shows films in the Arts Centre most Tuesday evenings from October to March. Generally middle-to-high-brow stuff that wouldn't make it to the local cinema with a couple of classics thrown in. They go for a drink afterwards but I've never made it to that so I've no idea what it is like.

yep just another vote for the film club....it's a good way to get out and about every tuesday evening for a few hours. - films are usually damn good (providing you can read subtitles and watch at the same time!)

Can I just turn up to watch the film? or do I need to contact someone to join the club? I really enjoy foreign films, so I'll definately try it.

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

If you guys want, I can sticky a thread with contact details of such clubs and other activities...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Theres the private snooker club in the CYMS across from the Stores. At least i think its still there... But its not outdoorsy so probably won't suit. :p

Re: Film Club you can just turn up and watch the film (at a cost of course) - In theory they wont let non-members in if there is a full turn out as no more room however I have never seen this happen. Film starts at 8pm every Tuesday - I would suggest getting there 30 mins before to make sure you get in.

I was searching today and found this link to clubs in Wexford incase anyone else is interested....

I hope this links o.k., as I havn't done it before

http://www.joyofwexford.ie/wexford_information/clubsandorganisations.htm

Advertisement