Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games suggestions?

Options
  • 05-12-2007 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Right...feeling very out of place in this forum! Basically I was considering getting the bf a game or two as part of his Christmas pressie........but that's as far as the idea goes! He has a Wii and a PS3.......not sure of the games he has on Wii cos he doesn't really play it much...recently he is attached at the hip to Call of Duty on the PS3...any suggestions? Or should I root round his collection a bit?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

theres a game called haze coming out for the ps3 on the 14th of this month,get him that,its a first person shooter,he'd enjoy that i'd say :)

(500th post :cool:))

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Assassin's creed is supposed to be great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Assassin's creed is supposed to be great.

yup your right its suppose to be great.would'nt mind getting it myself actually.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

yup your right its suppose to be great.would'nt mind getting it myself actually.

I don't have a ps3 so I have to wait for it to come out on pc. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Haze has been delayed until next year.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is out this Friday. It's a really good game, probably the best on the PS3.

If you want to get him a Wii game go for Super Mario Galaxy. If he isn't narrow minded enough to not play it then it's probably the best game out this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Thanks everyone.......just found out he has Assassin's Creed....grr

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There's a game called the Orange Box out on the PS3 this week (I think) that contains five of the best games of the last ten years. Ive heard the PS3 version has one or two small technical problems, but they probably won't bother him too much.

And I second Super Mario Galaxy - probably the most straight up fun game in a while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

There's a game called the Orange Box out on the PS3 this week (I think) that contains five of the best games of the last ten years. Ive heard the PS3 version has one or two small technical problems, but they probably won't bother him too much.

And I second Super Mario Galaxy - probably the most straight up fun game in a while :)

Exactly what he said.
    Your boyfriend is broken if he doesn't appreciate either of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I'd also recommend Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction as its a brilliant game that any PS3 owner should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Assasins creed is good but not great, Orange Box and R+C all the way though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

i'd have a quick root around. The quickest way might be to just take a picture of the side of the boxes. Nothing worse than getting a game you've already played as a present.

Another question, would your BF play online much? (i.e. does he play multiplayer Call of Duty 4?)

If so you might consider getting him Unreal Tournament 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

pre-order gta4 for him

he will love ya foreva!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Haze has been delayed until next year.

I think Haze is gonna make it before Christmas after all. Release date of the 14th was mentioned, alongside The Orange Box.

Unreal Tournament 3 may even make it.

I'll be picking up a rake of games in the sales in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I think Haze is gonna make it before Christmas after all. Release date of the 14th was mentioned, alongside The Orange Box..

Nope, not out anywhere till next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Oh. Well poo on that.

Advertisement