Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Withdrawal Symptoms...

• 05-12-2007 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Well I promised the husband I would give up the smokes. I am two days off them and I am like a lunatic, I dont want a smoke but I am just a bit touchy!!

Anyone else going through this or have a heartwarming story for me. I feel dead inside today.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Plan what you're going to spend your smoking money on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Archeron

Quality wrote: »

have a heartwarming story for me. I feel dead inside today.....

I found a little bunny rabbit yesterday, and he was all cold and shivery and looked quite sad. So I picked him up, and prepared a little tray for him to sit in. Then I put him in a nice warm little box.
    Then I set the little box to gas mark 7 for two and a half hours.
    That was one tasty bunny.
    Good luck staying off the smokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/16/Cancerous_lung.jpg/392px-Cancerous_lung.jpg

That is what your lungs will be like if you start smoking again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Thread moved away from bad influences...to Terry... d'oh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I'm off them 2 weeks and 1 day. The first 48 hours is the worst definately :D. I was like, wanting to punch walls and sh1t.
    Every time you think of smoking, you have to remind yourself that the nicotene craving is trying to fluck with your head. You DON'T NEED to smoke. At the end of the day, quitting doesn't involve doing anything, it involves not doing something. All you have to not do, is go to the shop and waste 7euro.

I'd say the cravings now aren't as frequent as they were but they're still annoying. Oh, try the screaming in a pillow technique :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

If it's any consolation, the Nicotine should be out of your system 48 hours after your last puff, so from here on in you are just fighting a mental battle.

Remember, pain is only the feeling of weakness leaving your body!

Giving up myself soon, will go back on the patches and it was almost too easy the last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Maybe a bit of biting pillow might help me!!!

I hope my mother in law doesnt ring for a chat this week, I dont think I can face being unneccesarily nice to people!!

I am still off them, but am very emotional today, Got very upset over the littlest things, tears and all.

I dont want a cigarette, Ithe last thing I want is a cigarette....

Does this sound familiar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Quality wrote: »
    I am still off them, but am very emotional today, Got very upset over the littlest things, tears and all.

I dont want a cigarette, Ithe last thing I want is a cigarette....

Does this sound familiar?

yup. but not tears though, I'm far too manly to cry. preferred breaking stuff myself. i think it's a sign that your entering the psychological battle now, as opposed to the sheer physical want.

distract yourself... play video games, read enthralling books, films, music, whatever it is that floats your boat. just something escapist..

• Advertisement

Life seems brighter today, I am usually like a lunatic when I get up in the morning (Pre cigarette of Course), Today I feel quite relaxed.

Am I over the worst already?

Mood swings seemed to have settled down a lot, Not missing them much at all. Have had a night out on the piss and still didnt smoke so it is looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

You might have a day that feels like Day 1 all over again. If you do, don't panic, just keep telling yourself it will pass soon. I found for the first six months, I would have really good days and then out of the blue, a really bad day for no apparent reason. I'm 8 months off cigarettes today!

SMK wrote: »
    You might have a day that feels like Day 1 all over again. If you do, don't panic, just keep telling yourself it will pass soon. I found for the first six months, I would have really good days and then out of the blue, a really bad day for no apparent reason. I'm 8 months off cigarettes today!

Well done.:D:):D

Advertisement