Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yahtzee attacks Assassin's Creed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Right on the money again with this review. The free running and Assasinations make the game worth playing and the tedious bits in the middle aren't bad enough to make the game unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Quite good (and hits a few points too with the monotony)

"J'ai deux b*llocks" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Probably the best review I've seen of the game, matches my thoughts exactly, though he obviously overplays the negative bits for laughs which is what you expect.

I definitely agree with him that it's a better game than most people are making it out to be, and that it should be commended for doing something new, aswell as having such great free running mechanics and great gameplay when it works.

He also hits the nail on the head with the game's flaws though, particularly how it throws all the cool stuff out the window and replaces it with constant sword fighting towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

lol. In Eidos form:
    zpma7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

lol :D "Faffing about Creed"

also that sandwich joke made my sides hurt from laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Nice he gave that beggar women a good old fashioned shoryuken. Plus points for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Another great review, and I actually really want to play the damn thing now after getting myself ready for a huge disappointment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

Man that guy does the best reviews out there, bang on yet again and all the while funny as f*ck

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That guy deserves his own tv show and a 100-strong team of animators to do all the hard qork at his request! Brilliant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Havent played the game but found the review very funny :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Ho-Hum wrote: »
    Man that guy does the best reviews out there, bang on yet again and all the while funny as f*ck

QFT!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I was quite looking forward to this game, havent actually read any reviews about it and didnt realise it was being badly received. A few friends of mine whose personal tastes in games I mostly share have recommended it to me so I have even been considering buying an Xbox just to get it.

Luckily though a friend is coming out for the weekend with his xbox and I'm going to rent Assassins creed and Mass effect and give them a good lashing :)

He doesnt really turn me off the game with his review as it is pretty much to be expected, but I imagine I would enjoy the difficulty more than he would. Added to that the free roaming exploration of the cities sounds fantastic, even if it is just an excuse to have the player faff around a bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Ivan wrote: »
    I was quite looking forward to this game, havent actually read any reviews about it and didnt realise it was being badly received. A few friends of mine whose personal tastes in games I mostly share have recommended it to me so I have even been considering buying an Xbox just to get it.

Luckily though a friend is coming out for the weekend with his xbox and I'm going to rent Assassins creed and Mass effect and give them a good lashing :)

He doesnt really turn me off the game with his review as it is pretty much to be expected, but I imagine I would enjoy the difficulty more than he would. Added to that the free roaming exploration of the cities sounds fantastic, even if it is just an excuse to have the player faff around a bit :)

i wouldnt say its been 'badly' recieved, just not as well recieved as people expected. Personally id rate it an 8/10. Fun, but repetitive. Also the best looking game ive yet seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

it was a game overwhelmed by its own hype

its a great game and well worth the purchase...well worth it

that review btw was ...class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

That's the best review I've seen of the game so far and agree that he's bang on the money. Also rofflecakes! He could teach some of the other gaming sites a thing or two. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Another great review from Yahtzee. Now if he'd just review K&L next...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Another great review from Yahtzee. Now if he'd just review K&L next...
    Want him to get fired too :p

Great review as always

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

His reviews are spot on all the time! He would destroy kane and lynch lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement