Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O' Connells, Eyre Sq.

Options
  • 05-12-2007 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Quick question, I haven't been in Galway for ages, Is O' Connells still open?

I know it was closed at the time it was sold for charity, but I thought it had reopened.

A gem of a pub.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's open again.

The dispute over the will was settled in Vinny De Pauls favour and they flogged it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nice new beer garden too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

^^ what he said. Best beer garden in the city centre, even if it is a bit cold at this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Scobius90

and one of, or the best pint of Uncle Arthur in "all the lands" ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Thanks for the replies.

Has the pub been much altered? I presume the outdoor jacks is gone if there's a beer garden in place now:rolleyes:

Used to have a Massive pint of Guinness alright, great bar staff and a handy selection on the back bar, a great spot to spend an afternoon watching the world go by

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's still a after-work pub for the suits around the area. More students these days, guess it's down to the beer garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Its my Favourite pub in Galway and my local when ever I go home!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I didn't think they had flogged it on ... I thought they opted to lease it

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Scobius90

:D the outside jacks are still there :D

they've opened up the back ..... lengendary using the Aga as a table :p

Advertisement