Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobwebs in Galway

Options
  • 05-12-2007 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

To any inhabitants of the fair city of Gaillimh

Does anyone know what the prices are like in the Cobwebs jewellry store in the city? In particular the engagement rings? Theres some really nice ones on their website at www.cobwebs.ie - the 4 vintage style ones. I don't live anywhere near Galway and unfortunately there are no prices online. I'd just like to get an idea of whether its within the budget, so to speak. . . ;)
    Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    c0lly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I can't tell you their price range, but I do know the people in there, and they really know their stuff, as well as being nice to deal with.

And no, I'm not associated with the shop (they're the competition...!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

omg! fey!'s a jeweller!!!!!!

/me runs.......

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Biko - the sites you listed are fine, as they all deal in modern jewellery and can reorder goods, meaning that they don't have to constantly update their sites whenever they sell something.

Unfortunately for those of us dealing with once off pieces, it would mean constantly having pictures of newly acquired pieces taken, and then getting them put up on the site, all of which costs a huge amount of money (getting professional pictures of jewellery taken is mind bogglingly expensive).

Simple solution is to ring the shop and ask about the piece.

That was my initial response too. I then checked the contact page on cobwebs site. There is no phone number, just a form.

It took a while before I found the number on the bottom of the page. It's in grey on blue so quite hard to see if you glance at the pages.

• Advertisement

Sorry - hadn't spotted the lack of a phone number.

It's there, just hard to see. Maybe you can ask them to make it more noticeable (since you know them)?

That wouldn't really be in my own best interests.....

However, if I'm feeling friendly and generous tomorrow, I might!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

It's expensive but worth it if you ask me...gorgeous items in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Fey! wrote: »
    Unfortunately for those of us dealing with once off pieces, it would mean constantly having pictures of newly acquired pieces taken, and then getting them put up on the site, all of which costs a huge amount of money (getting professional pictures of jewellery taken is mind bogglingly expensive).

Simple solution is to ring the shop and ask about the piece.

No harm in learning to take your own photos,as for updating the site etc ,it should not take much time.No matter how professional some shots are you can never tell what an item will look like in person, but at least it can give an idea of whats available.TBH some of the photos on the other sites are like something out of an Argos catalog.

• Advertisement

I do a huge amount of our photos, but there's an incredible difference between professional and amateur shots when it comes to quality.

Advertisement