Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats your current tax rate / Engine cc and CO2

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 killerbeekilled

MarkN wrote: »
    Sorry to have to use you as an example Mike :D

BUT!

My car is a 3.0L but puts out 228 g/km - LESS than Mike's 1.8. So WHY do I pay more tax than him??

I know this carbon link idea is going to benefit a lot of people but it's SERIOUSLY flawed in some cases IMO.

Mark,

Does the 335i Auto quote 221 g/km and not 228 g/km?

I've just bought one for 08 delivery, and hoping to stay in the category Band F (191-225 g/km) - €1000 and not the €2000 if it was 228 as state?

For further info see:

http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/search/vehicleDetails.asp?id=19980

The engine spec quotes the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

BMW's UK site says you're right, the new ones have EfficientDynamics(though they have a much better effect on the rest of the range, some models saw a CO2 reduction of 23%), MarkN's one doesn't, it's only a few g/km of a reduction, but under the new VRT scheme, MarkN's 335i would be in 36% VRT and €2,000 tax p.a. and a new one would be in 32% VRT and €1,000 tax p.a., so in terms of a new car/importing a used car from 1/7/08 thats an important difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mark,

Does the 335i Auto quote 221 g/km and not 228 g/km?

I've just bought one for 08 delivery, and hoping to stay in the category Band F (191-225 g/km) - €1000 and not the €2000 if it was 228 as state?

only if you take delivery after July cutoff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Engine: 1598cc
    Current tax: €391 p/a
    New tax: €428 p/a

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

4.4 V8
    current tax is 1346 per year
    new tax after Feb 06 will be 1490 per year.

think my CO2 is approx 310 per km.

• Advertisement
Advertisement