Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat with no miaow!

Options
  • 05-12-2007 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi there....

I have a very vocal 4 year old lovely tabby cat who has mysteriously gone totally hoarse in the past two days.....has anyone had any experience of this with their cats? I'd feel a bit silly going to the vet with only this as an 'ailment'...he is eating well, playing well and has no other symptoms...just hoarse and occasionally without any voice this past two days....

Cheers ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I think if the problem persists more than another day or two, you better get to the vet just to be on the safe side. I did a quick google scan - and the lost voice can result from a range of things - from a mild respiratory tract infection to having something stuck in the throat to oral cancer.

Even if its just a sore throat/cold - a shot of antibiotic might be in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

We have a cat at home that has been like that for years. When we brought it to the vet at first, they had to remove something in its throat. So I think you better go to the vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Lemon

Cheers for the replies..

Yes I have rung the vet and they have advised me to leave it until tomorrow, if he is still hoarse they will check him out, poosibly sedate him and put a camera into his throat for a look...

He is in top form, eating well still....but totally hoarse...I'll let you know how he gets on....

Advertisement