Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone mobile internet - data charges

• 05-12-2007 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi guys - just after a bit of clarification and maybe some advice

i am on vodafone prepaid and have a nokia e65 - since i heard about the 99c per day for 50mb i have been using the internet 3g on my phone lots... mainly to check gmail and mobile facebook...

i have been reading up on the website but its still a bit unclear to me..

my question was does this cheap rate only apply to the scaled down pages etc and not downloads / other apps (ie google maps, messenger (which wont work with live.vodafone.com) etc...

and if thats the case.. is it 2c per kb? (which is crazy)... and is there a better option to go?

thanks in advance...

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

You can use any browser to view any pages
    You MUST use the Vodafone Live! APN
    eg when you go to the Internet always choose vodafone Live!

Mik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

I'm not sure about nokia, but my SE has two options in the settings menu, "connections for internet" and "connections for java". Once the second one is set to Vodafone Live (live.vodafone.com) then my gmail/google maps etc apps are all only 99c per day.

Just make sure that your applications connect through the live apn (not the isp apn) and you'll get the cheaper pricing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

i have the 500mb for 10 euro option .I never come close to reaching this limit.You have access to all resources that uses http(s) . So all web sites are available and programs like google map/email client work. Apps that use other protocols such as pop3 will not work.

Advertisement