Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 6500 on Three (3)

• 05-12-2007 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

I got a letter the other day telling me that I am entitled to an upgrade from Three, and today I got a phone call.
    Now I went through this last year ,around the same time, and I told them I was not interested in any of the phones they had to offer ,and was waiting for the N73. A couple of day later I got a call back saying they were happy to inform me that N73 was no available.
    When I was asked today as to what phone I was interested in ,after saying no to every phone they had on the list, I said I was only interested in the nokia 6500. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was going to be available from them? Otherwise I might be changing to O2 in the near future. I hope I get the call in the next couple of days telling me that it is available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

I've seen nothing as of late to indicate that the handset your after will be available within the next few weeks i'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I haven't heard anything either but that is not saying much. The only operator that I know of that has this handset is O2. But I would like to stay with Three, as it suits me the best. Where can you get there christmas catalogue ,I have never heard of it?
    I have just taken a look at the UK site and they have it , so I might get a phone call from them in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭brophis

Ye i think it's only on O2 at the moment, unless you can get it sim free but that's bound to be expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

three now have the 6500 slide in, its €230 in 3pay, im goin to get it tomorrow :D

edit: just looking there and three have f***ed up the informarion on the phone, all the details are for the lg u990, and if u go into buy the phone the picture shows the 6500 classic. Three really need to sort out their info on the phones!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

yes they got it ar*eways! but at last they are offering decent phones!! but are they still UK "leftovers" with older software versions like the N73?

seems this 6500 is just a slider version of the n73 most likely with same bugs flaws etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

"UK left overs"...Fogy Lad? Do you know something we don't?
    BTW 6500 slide is available on 3.

just assuming that as their phones seem to lacking the latest available software versions and the uk equilevents have this up to date software three would appear to be treating irish people as 2nd class?

I was in the store in Limerick today and they did not have any of the new ones out on display. I didn't have time to ask them in the store , but I will be waiting to have a look at the 6500 ,LG990 and the Sony W880i all together, as I like the spec of the LG, really am a fan of Nokia, but the size of the sony is appealing to me. So for once I am torn as to what to buy. The Nokia been the cheapest might just win me over as I do not seem to hold on to any phone for more than 6 months. Has anyone any experience with these phones that they may be able to cut down the choices.

bought the 6500 yesterday, i really like it so far.

when i went into the 3 store on grafton st. they didn't have any of the new phones on display, the guy behind the counter was messing with a dummy 6500.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jkuk21

i have purchased the nokia 6500 on three and am really happy with it...the only prob with is that it does not have Skype...would recommend the x series silver upgrade with it for the first month at least....was on perfect fit 200 with vodafone and three seem to offer a much better /c cheaper service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

no skype? but it says it does on the website!?! Someone needs to shoot that webmaster

rymus wrote: »
    no skype? but it says it does on the website!?! Someone needs to shoot that webmaster
    more false advertising??

jkuk21 wrote: »
    i have purchased the nokia 6500 on three and am really happy with it...the only prob with is that it does not have Skype...would recommend the x series silver upgrade with it for the first month at least....was on perfect fit 200 with vodafone and three seem to offer a much better /c cheaper service

Might be skype compatable?
    GF got a w880 when they forst launched and it was a couple of weeks before they had MSN available on it. Works perfecty now:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ok so everyone seems to like this phone, got offered a upgrade a few weeks back, think im gonna get this phone on my upgrade

rang 3 though and no skype... not too pushed, it might be on it in the future so yano...

when you gonna pick it up 1huge1?
    can you post back with feedback as I wanna get one too.

Got one last week. So far so good, the battery is not as bad as it was made out to be ,better than the 6280. So I am very happy with it at the moment. Also inquired about the Skype issue. I e-mailed them (three) 2 days ago about it and they rang me today, informing me that I would need the x-series upgrade for this. A little dissapointed in that but I have to say that three are no way near as a bad as they are made out to be. 3 years I have been with them and they have always been professional ,some minor problems with the network here and there but no more than Vodafone.

Walkman wrote: »
    when you gonna pick it up 1huge1?
    can you post back with feedback as I wanna get one too.
    sent away for the upgrade today, there usually very fast at delivering so id say monday or tuesday at the latest, will get back to ya

€99 on upgrade with talk 100, not bad at all in my opinion

Got one last week. So far so good, the battery is not as bad as it was made out to be ,better than the 6280. So I am very happy with it at the moment. Also inquired about the Skype issue. I e-mailed them (three) 2 days ago about it and they rang me today, informing me that I would need the x-series upgrade for this. A little dissapointed in that but I have to say that three are no way near as a bad as they are made out to be. 3 years I have been with them and they have always been professional ,some minor problems with the network here and there but no more than Vodafone.
    ya same, been with them since 2005, very few problems, was with vodafone before them and never like them but I hear they've gotten a lot more competitive as of late...

Also had the nokia 6280 last, this 6500 seems to be a bit of a upgrade to it (basically a better camera and more memory)

they updated the site
    http://3ireland.ie/handsets_new/handset-features-1-75.htm

all the info seems to be correct
    but im not sure about the memory
    I've read its 20mb internal memory but they have down 256mb... hopefully them mean they give a 256mb memory card with it which would be very handy

also with my upgrade I got a 10% on my line rental every month and a free 3pay sim card with €10 credit, (exact same as my upgrade last year, wonder if there gonna give me that 10% on top of the 10% im still getting off from last year...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Picked one up the other day. Was on vodafone and switched took a day to switch over. Battery when fully charged is decent. Bit miffed about Skype as was told in shop no on phone yes and by carphone warehouse yes

Anyone know when they might offer Skype on this?

A few questions. The memory card with it is only 48kb and the internal memory is 30kb which is bit crappy

Want to update to 4mb is ebay the best road to go down or anywere else?

Also still messing around with it anyone use msn on this is this free also? Went in and had to download it but no memory left on phone and I only put 3 mp3 songs on it?

• Advertisement

its the great nokia memory shortage yet again ha although why they cant give a decent amount of memory on such a high-end phone is beyond belief! try carphone warehouse for memory cards they have a sale on at the moment, and did you mean 48mb and 30mb respectfully in your post?

Yep not great memory

Looked at the carphone warehouse and only got 2mb Cards and their 50 quid according to their website anywhere else or is that the standard price?

Im sure you meant 48mb ya? you seem to be mixing your memories up a lot because im sure in your last post you meant 2gb

anyway when I asked 3 I was told that with my upgrade im getting a 256mb memory card and something like 30mb inside

will find out tomorrow so ill report back

TBH not sure about memory

anywho looking at ebay for memory cards and saw this

http://cgi.ebay.ie/2GB-MICRO-SD-MEMORY-CARD-FOR-N95-D900-G600-O2-XDA-ORBIT_W0QQitemZ330204808822QQihZ014QQcategoryZ98876QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does not say its compatible with 6500

Any ideas if this is what I can get ?

Not sure but the phone has 20MB and they supply a 256MB card with the phone, which is plenty enough for me, as I don;t use it for music . I also have a 1GB from one of my other phones. As for the skype you will need to ring Three and have an X-series package added your your phone then you can get skype . At least that is what I have been told by Three.

Well i put 3 mp3 songs on the phone and it says its full

On 3 pay so wonder if they will up it to x series ?

May ring them tomorrow and check

Anyone else know what memory card I can use for this phone ?

God it takes ages to get through to 3 support and listening to the same songs.........

Asked about getting an upgrade to x series to get Skype and was told only bill customers can get this

They dont know when they will upgrade this phone for Skype for 3pay

Now still searching for a memory card.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

do you not just have to download the installer for skype to run?

I did that on my 6110, and it works fine.

good phone, been using it since it came out. took me a while to get messenger installed on the phone, says it wasn't compatible. takes a week or 2 to get the most out of the battery charge, i get about 3 days charge while listening to music aswell.

I have found 1 bug in it so far, i can't change the general ringing tone, when i change it it just reverts back to the nokia tune. Camera is very good on it!!

• Advertisement

allen175 wrote: »
    took me a while to get messenger installed on the phone, says it wasn't compatible

How did you manage this ? Also how is the memory as I keep getting its full
    Anyway of deleting the text templates and other crap ?
    nereid wrote:
    do you not just have to download the installer for skype to run?

This true if so how did you download and put on phone ?

Advertisement