Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 6500 on Three (3)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

how many songs do u have on it?? are u sure u are using the memory card and not the phone memory??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

allen175 wrote: »
    how many songs do u have on it?? are u sure u are using the memory card and not the phone memory??

Not sure how can I switch it so it uses the memory card and not the phone memory?

Only put 3 mp3 songs on and had to delete one for memory?

i assume ur using nokia pc suite to put the songs on? go to transfer music and import the songs that u want on it to the nokia music library called "MY Collection" then there should be a box beside the song and click it then go to file and copy to phone, i think it should automatically use the memory card memory (thats what happened with me).

Sound will try this and see

Any ideas on memory cards were to get them ta

i ordered a 2gb from ebay for €15 the other day just waiting for delivery now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

shop4memory.com

bought a 4GB card there and it works fine.

allen175 wrote: »
    i ordered a 2gb from ebay for €15 the other day just waiting for delivery now.

Saw a few on ebay but did not give the 6500 in the compatible list ?

Will look also at shop4memory

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Got it today in the from 3, loving it so far

phone memory is 30mb
    and memory card supplied is 256mb

not having any problems at all. Haven't downloaded msn yet but I will tomorrow (out of 3G coverage the moment), transferring a few songs via bluetooth so far and havent had any of the memory problems stated above.

Any questions just ask because im already very familar with it.

The tv cable is handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

This true if so how did you download and put on phone ?

I don't remember if I downloaded it via a link on the 3 content pages, or if I browsed to the skype page and downloaded it from the phone.

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/download/skype/windowsmobile/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

In the beginning of time, X series was only available on a couple of Symbian phones like the N73. Is it now available on stuff like the 6500?

• Advertisement

Bought 2 GB card from these on Tuesday and arrived Thursday by registered post
    http://www.memoryc.com/flashmemoryca...?Type=Micro+SD

Cost was €23.15(415+Vat3.15+deliver of €5)

Maybe cheaper on ebay but only a couple of quiq and it was delivered quickly

Just got a basic Micro SD and comes with adapter which is handy

Have not uploaded anything on it yet to see if it runs ok

Can I download MSN from PC and put it on card same goes with Skype installer anyone know if these will work

Also how do you set up a three mail address as keep getting cannot do this

Also anything I can get to protect the screen from scratches ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

this is the same people as shop4memory.com only on this site they have free postage within ireland may take few days but for memory cards etc but saving the postage makes it worthwhile!

Anyone having a problem were the phone ring goes back to the Nokia ringtone also the theme changed back to 3 ?

Turned the phone off last night and this happened

Was reading on gsmarena this was happening not sure how to fix it

Anyone?

if u have the ringtone u want on the memory card and u take off the back cover it will revert back to the nokia tone, because if u look at the back cover u will see a raised peice beside the camera hole that will disconnect the memory card if the back is taken off, so install themes onto the phone memory and put the tone u want on the phone memory too.

Seems to be ok now when I turned if off last night went to my own settings

Looking to protect the screen and saw the below

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/NOK6500S.html

Anyone ever use these are they any good or any other options ?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

does anyone know if Three are still doing the 6500 slide on 3Pay? the auld 6280 is packing in and I was thinking about getting the 6500 but I just checked the Three website and it's not there anymore!?

they should still be doing it, they only brought it out a month ago!

EDIT: they don't have it on bill pay either, thats really weird. they don't have the LG Viewty on the site anymore either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

could it be some kind of re-call? or maybe they only had a few dozen of each phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I bought one in CPW today, so they do exist. An utterly crap phone, though, so I will have to bring it back. The sound quality is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

This happened last year with the N73, I got one as soon as it was available, but a month or more after I got mine, a friend went to upgrade and he was told that it was unavailable, and that it would not be, which was a lie. So unless you can get it from one of the stores, you might have to wait.

• Advertisement

Somehow I have the net but having trouble logging into Gmail

Go to the login in page and key in usernam and password

Then click on sign in

Then it comes up with

click here to continue

I press select and it goes back to the gmail login page ???

Something I am doing wrong ?

Managed to work out the gmail after downloading the application from website

Just a question about using MSN have to download on phone or can I get from net and transfer over?

Would I save anything by using this or is it worth it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Just a question about using MSN have to download on phone or can I get from net and transfer over?

Gunner you can download MSN by going to: Planet 3, Services, Internet, then scroll down to the Windows icon and click (then follow instructions).
    Now I got one for anyone with a 6500.
    Finally picked one up last week and went to download some U2 tracks off the music store but I can only get up the 1 page of tracks. There are 26 pages of tracks but I cant get into anymore other than the first one.
    I get the "Popular Titles" then "A-Z" (page 1 of) and then the option to change to "Z-A".
    Anyone else have this problem?
    Is it a problem with the 6500 or my particular phone??:confused:

Got the MSN to work and seems ok

Now All I want to figure out is it possible to have 2 gmail applications

Got one and can access that no problem however have another gmail account wonder if I have to d/l again and use the settings for this ?

I went into realtunes and did a search for more realtunes got the search option put in u2 an they came up ?

anyone else find the screen to soft, as in very thin and easy to break

just saying because I had mine in my pocket with my keys and now the screen is completly messed up the lcd is all broken up and can't make out anything

trying to convince 3 its faulty but their gonna know when I send it off for repairs

only had it 3 weeks...

yeah, i don't keep my keys in the same pocket as my phone anymore after other phones getting that way. but i haven't found anything wrong with the screen on it. but the back has a few scratches on it from leaving it lying down on things.

Yep all the silver at the front is scratched a bit back not bad

Don't keep it in pocket with coins or keys etc but a few drinks and that seems to go out the window:rolleyes:

Screen still has the protected filter on it but its very thin. Was going to get a thicker one but seems ok.....touch wood

ya ive been having my keys in with my phone for years though, ah well

heres to hoping 3 fix it for free because it was ''faulty''

if not im gonna be down a fair bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I went into realtunes and did a search for more realtunes got the search option put in u2 an they came up ?

Gunner, it's the music store not the realtunes, see if you can browse through all the particular tracks on any given artist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Steak wrote: »
    does anyone know if Three are still doing the 6500 slide on 3Pay? the auld 6280 is packing in and I was thinking about getting the 6500 but I just checked the Three website and it's not there anymore!?

hey man. dont know about 3 but carphone warehouse on grafton street had them for sale on the 3 network today (feb 13th) so they mustve got em back in.

going for 249 euro. i dont know , i was thinking of getting it but im glad i got the 6288 instead. seems a little bit off to me. cant quite explain it. stil lthe 3.2mp camera is sweet.

Advertisement