Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 6500 on Three (3)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

was in Limerick yeasterday and they had it in the store, all out of the LG touch screen phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

was just checking the Three website and they've got it up again. perhaps they were just low in stock? seems the site was given a bit of a revamp too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

message alert tone gone very low recently:confused:
    anyone else havin this issue (have tried all settings, profiles etc.... and the ring tone/ music player are very loud)...
    any help I would greatly appreciate before I have to send off for repair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Walkman wrote: »
    message alert tone gone very low recently:confused:
    anyone else havin this issue (have tried all settings, profiles etc.... and the ring tone/ music player are very loud)...
    any help I would greatly appreciate before I have to send off for repair
    Havent had that problem, but it doesnt sound like a problem with settings...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Set a reminder on the phone and alarm went off bu then phone froze could not turn it off had to remove battery

Also is there any way of unlocking this phone ?

On 3pay and when abroad not much coverage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭inspiron6000

just wondering if any1 knows when the 6500 slide will be available on meteor??
    was in cpw and they said it was, went back 2get it and they said no. then i saw it in the meteor magazine. any1 know??

was in cpw and they said it was, went back 2get it and they said no. then i saw it in the meteor magazine. any1 know??
    Its a 3G phone so I very much doubt meteor will be selling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I guess I've been out of the loop, I didnt know they were selling 3G phones, I know they intend to bring 3G to their network but assumed it was a long way off.

My appologies

• Registered Users Posts: 40 moose52c

if you really want it you just have to wait and see what meteor brings out!!
    hope that can help!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭inspiron6000

moose52c wrote: »
    if you really want it you just have to wait and see what meteor brings out!!
    hope that can help!!:p

Yea moose i was in the meteor shop yeasterday and there brochure has both 6500's in it. The sales assistant wasnt really clued in and just said it would be out in a month or two. Any1 no why they would be holding it back as its out on 3 already??

Still trying to unlock this phone

anyone tried it yet or found codes that can what about the below

http://www.imserba.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110552

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 galway_man

hey everybody,

I recently bought the nokia 6500 slide on the 3 network and i was wondering if any1 knos the unlock code for it because i want to use my vodafone sim card in it and when i rang 3 they said i had to top ur wit 127 euro crd before i could get it from them.....Can ny1 help me out????

Tried these guys below
    FM Mobiles

told me that it would cost €50

Seemingly they use This Method

Did not like the looks of this and the fact they may bugger my phone up

So still looking

Emailed 3 about getting this phone unlocked and they came back with the below

We can provide an unlock code for Nokia 6500. However, you’d need to meet certain criteria to unlock your phone on 3 Pay:

1. You’ll need to have a minimum top up of € 130.00 (this excludes any free credit and goodwill gestures received from the Contact Centre).
    2. An administration fee of €27.00 is applicable besides the voucher top up amount.

You can make a payment using your debit or credit card. It may take up to 7 working days for us to generate the unlock code. This is subject to the availability of the unlock code with us. We can not guarantee that we will be able to generate the unlock code for all manufacturers. In the event that we are unable to generate your specific code, we can offer you an exchange of the handset for a model that may be unlocked.

€130!!! I am on 3pay was going to get phoned chipped but sceptical about it and not sure if phone will bugger up anyone got one done ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Emailed 3 about getting this phone unlocked and they came back with the below

We can provide an unlock code for Nokia 6500. However, you’d need to meet certain criteria to unlock your phone on 3 Pay:

1. You’ll need to have a minimum top up of € 130.00 (this excludes any free credit and goodwill gestures received from the Contact Centre).
    2. An administration fee of €27.00 is applicable besides the voucher top up amount.

You can make a payment using your debit or credit card. It may take up to 7 working days for us to generate the unlock code. This is subject to the availability of the unlock code with us. We can not guarantee that we will be able to generate the unlock code for all manufacturers. In the event that we are unable to generate your specific code, we can offer you an exchange of the handset for a model that may be unlocked.

€130!!! I am on 3pay was going to get phoned chipped but sceptical about it and not sure if phone will bugger up anyone got one done ?

get a nokia turbo sim- it'll unlock it for u... get one for about 30 e or so... well worth paying it to some1 bar 3!!! i have one and works on loads of phones and doesn look like the operators or manufacturers have come up wit a solution to stop them yet!:)

Do Nokia Turbos sims work on 6500 slide

Anyone ever get one done as dont want this phone to bugger up

But what are the chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

this is the same with every network
    this is 3's extra way of screwing you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

the turbo sim makes no differnce to ur fone cept it makes it accept a diff sim

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    the turbo sim makes no differnce to ur fone cept it makes it accept a diff sim

Went into FM mobiles and was told that the turbo sim would not work on this phone

Anyone tried one or get this phone unlocked any place else ?

• Advertisement

Was in the vodafone store and they have this phone

So has anyone manged to unlock this phone either with turbo sim or not ?

Still no unlock for this phone

Now having problems with the scroll button cannot move it right or left:mad::mad:

One minute its ok next its not going to go into a 3 shop and see but now doubt Murphys law it will work when I am in the shop

Anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Still no unlock for this phone

Now having problems with the scroll button cannot move it right or left:mad::mad:

One minute its ok next its not going to go into a 3 shop and see but now doubt Murphys law it will work when I am in the shop

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm not sure if you have the classic or the slide, the slide is a very tempremental phone, every one that went out the door has come back at some stage with problems, If you get the phone unlocked and something goes wrong, it will need to go back to 3's repair center, they will reload the 3 software and your phone will come back locked to 3 again.....you may send it back for repair with that button problem, no point in getting it unlocked first..

I have the slide. Left it in for repair and they gave me phone for a week to use. Went back a week later and it was still not working so they had to send it back. Was told that if I have to send it back a third time they would offer me a new phone. Got it back again and it was a new phone they could not fix it but damn it had some numbers on it I have lost and never backed up DOH!!

Having a problem with the display. Keeps on defaulting to the Nokia image Nokia_320x240.jpg. Hooked up phone to Pc and for the life of me I cannot find this image on the phone to delete??

Anyone else get this and how did they solve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

My mam got this phone 2 days ago and she seems to be having problems with it already. When people ring her the person's name does not come up. It doesn't even say private number. All it says is "no number". Yet the people that are ringing her including myself all have our id's on. Does anyone have any ideas?

did she switch networks recently?

are the contacts showing up in the phone book of the phone?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    did she switch networks recently?

are the contacts showing up in the phone book of the phone?

No, she already has a phone with O2 and is using the nokia 6500 as a backup, which she bought brand new, billpay, through Vodafone.

Yep all the contacts are showing up on the phone and sim and when she receives a message the name comes up also. I tried something there a short time ago. I rang my phone from her Nokia 6500 and it before it made the connection a short message came up saying "Check caller identity sending service". Just gets more confusing!! :(

if you put her sim in another phone do the numbers show up and if you put a different sim in her phone do the numbers still not show up?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    if you put her sim in another phone do the numbers show up and if you put a different sim in her phone do the numbers still not show up?

Thanks for your help its probably getting more complicated :D Here goes.... I put the vodafone sim card into the o2 phone which is unlocked and has all the same contacts that is on the Nokia 6500. I then called the o2 phone using my phone and my name didn't come up, just said "call". When we looked in the log it says again "no number". I then placed the o2 sim card back into the o2 phone rang it again and my name did come up so i think there might be a problem with the sim. It something i've never ever seen before....weird :( Either way whatever it is I think its gonna need a trip to Carphone Warehouse.

• Advertisement

dont buy this phone as the back of it will not hold the memory card

check out my issues with 3 worse customer service ever:mad:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055419065

Advertisement