Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noisy through party wall

Options
  • 05-12-2007 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

have a problem with noise coming from neighbours TV. Our recently purchased house is 40 yrs old and has party wall constructed of blocks on their flats with a plaster render surface over it. i chopped double sockets recesses into the walls a few weeks back and am now wondering if i should cement them back up as the noise from neighbours TV is noticeable especially when trying to sleep. i cannot be certain that the noise i am noting is due to the socket recesses for sure , although it probably does not help. i reckon the old neighbours are a bit deaf hence the TV turned up. Most noise that transfers is low frequency (like talking) or fairly high frequency. Is there anything i can do to improve the situation without approaching neighbours? Should i lift floors and fill in edges with mortar , plaster up socket recesses ? any thoughts?

Advertisement