Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem installing office 2007

• 05-12-2007 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help? I bought a new computer running vista. trying to install Microsoft office 2007 but keep getting an error message saying; '' Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s): The 2007 Microsoft office system does not support upgrading from a prerelease version of the 2007 Microsoft Office system. You must first uninstall any prerelease versions. correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup''.

As it is a new computer there has been no version of office installed and I'm at a loss as to what to do as I'm not a whizz with computers. If anyone could shed any light I'd be very gratefull. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Hey there,

Just maybe trying to shed a little light on your problem. You say that the installation want you to remove any previous versions of office that you might have on your computer but that you don't think there is any installed? Have you made sure that there are none installed. I had a friend who just recently purchased a laptop and it offered a six month pre-installed trial of office 2007 but he was at a loss to find it anywhere on the laptop. Try to find it by going to My Computer, Local Disc(C:), Program Files and then look for a Microsoft Office Folder or in some instances it is put into an Office 2007 folder.. If there is one of them folders there present it is just a simple task of uninstalling them, which i am sure you know enough about computers to do that. Try that anyway and i hope it sorts out your problem as it did for my friend. May i ask? Did you actually purchase a legitimate version of Office 2007 because i have tried it and to be honest i wasn't totally impressed with it. I think anyway that Office 2003 is more than capable for most people's needs.

Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Wild-spirt

:) Thanks Dan, but there definatly is no office on the computer, checked all that already.

No problem,

Vista can be a major pain at times when it comes to permissions for installing...Are you the computer's administrator. If you are then you should have all installation rights but if you're not that error might be thrown up to stop you installing. To be honest i have no other idea why it wouldn't install for you. I 'm a computer student so I'll check it out with a few of my mates if you like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Did 'One Note' come pre-installed on the pc?
    Look in add/remove to check.

If it did, remove it and try the install again.

Yep im the administor on the account. Have no idea why it wont install!! and no there is no one note installed on the system either!!:confused:

• Advertisement

I really have no clue then, I didn't see any of the lads today but i'll find out for ya how to overcome the problem.

thanks a million dan, n=much appreciated. :D

I've asked one of my friends and he says that there must be definitely some version of a pre-released office on your computer somewhere...I don't know where to look or tell you what component to look for but it has to be some existing file stuck in the registry that is causing the problem. I highly suggest you yourself don't get stuck into messing with registry files as it can affect your operating system but do get someone who is computer literate to help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Google and download ccleaner... it's pretty good at finding and removing orphaned files and registry entries...

damn, I dont wanna mess in any way with the computer as I dont want to f**k it up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement