Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help hookin xbox 360 up to monitor, may need new speakers!!

• 05-12-2007 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭

i got the VGA cable, got the xbox working on my monitor fine BUT my logiterh x240 2.1 speakers dont have the input plug things for audio and it doenst work when i plug them into a crappy 14in tv.

so do i need to get new speakers (sucks since i bought the logitech ones like 2 months ago argh) and anyone know any good solid speakers to hook up, both reasonably priced or baller??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Da GOAT wrote: »
    i got the VGA cable, got the xbox working on my monitor fine BUT my logiterh x240 2.1 speakers dont have the input plug things for audio and it doenst work when i plug them into a crappy 14in tv.

so do i need to get new speakers (sucks since i bought the logitech ones like 2 months ago argh) and anyone know any good solid speakers to hook up, both reasonably priced or baller??

I got these for the very reason you're describing. I think they're quality. Make sure you get one of these to go along with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

el dude wrote: »
    Make sure you get one of these to go along with it.

I got something like that with my official VGA cable :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

2347 wrote: »
    I got something like that with my official VGA cable :confused:

Ya you see a lot of tv's will have VGA input, but sound doesn't travel over it or something like that. so ya stick the red and white end into the jack and plug that into your TV or Speakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

thx guys!! could i possibly get away with just getting the plug adaptor???

i think i cud fit it into the back of my woofer thing where right now theres a plug there connected to my pc, save me buying another system. (hope that makes sense).

cliff note: i think just getting the adaptor is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You would pick one up in Maplins in Town / Blanch or peats, save you waiting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Da GOAT wrote: »
    thx guys!! could i possibly get away with just getting the plug adaptor???

i think i cud fit it into the back of my woofer thing where right now theres a plug there connected to my pc, save me buying another system. (hope that makes sense).

cliff note: i think just getting the adaptor is good

yup just get the adaptor thingy, maplin are fairly good for weird connectors like that, assuming there's one near you of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

excellent guys thx, i got the adaptor off pixmania b4 i read the above. never heard of maplins tho :confused:

i guess ill make do on a 14in old skool TV :cool: for now, graphics are amazing on it :D

Advertisement