Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First Service Cost?

Options
  • 05-12-2007 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

My VW Golf 1.4 TSI 140 Sport with DSG is due for it's first service soon and I was just wondering what kind of price I should expect to be quoted for the work in a main dealer?

Btw there's nothing wrong with the car and everything is working fine.

Also - if i go to a local garage would it be much cheaper and would they be qualified to look after the new(ish) style engine and gearbox?

Thanks a mill,

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Thomas wrote: »
    if i go to a local garage would it be much cheaper and would they be qualified to look after the new(ish) style engine and gearbox?

If you've no other issues other than a service, then yes, an independent would be cheaper. But insist that the independent uses genuine VW parts - otherwise you will invalidate your warranty.

Advertisement