Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia E65 v N73 ?

• 06-12-2007 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

I've got an upgrade due on vodafone and have narrowed it down to the E65 or the N73, at the moment i've a 6230i but I want a change.

I'm leaning towards the E65 at the moment as I think it has a nicer layout and seems to have better build quality, also the keypad seems to have bigger keys and a nicer feel. I've heard that the camera isn't great tho and this is what has me considering the N73. Also does anyone know if the E65 has a countdown timer and is the menu system on the E65 the same as on the N73 ?
    Does anyone have any comments or suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭patrickc

hi i bought a e65 today, i'm quiet confused by it so far, I also can't see a countdown timer on it of as yet. it's very office orientated, with adobe, a word programme, a powerpoint type programme and all that jazz.. nice phone though and the camera doesn't seem to bad. my last phone had a 3mp camera and this seems better quality IMO.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You can select the models and get a straight comparison of the features from the Nokia website.

I'm very happy with my E65. Main things that I can think of it missing that the N73 has is a "flash" for the camera, no second camera facing you for video calling and the FM radio, it does have more connection options with the wifi though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

In fairness the camera on the E65 is useless - no flash, no auto focus, no macro, colour is terrible, shutter speed is crap and there are hardly any settings on it - I "upgraded" from an SE K750i and the camera was 10 times better on that - I couldn't get the N73 at the time I'm a bit sorry I didn't wait.
    I know the other features on the E65 are fantastic but the camera really ruined it for me.
    Anyone with an N73 fancy a swap???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 smithdogg AU

best thing about the e65 is the wifi.... you can get yourself setup with voip at home, it's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Was in CPW today comparing the 2 phones side by side and the E65 wins hands down on looks and feel. I think I'll be putting in an order early next week.

Thanks for all the feedback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement