Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test in Passat?

Options
  • 06-12-2007 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done the test in a Passat B6 with the electric parking brake?

I'd like to hear your comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Your question is very vague! You might get a better response if you pose a specific question or concern that you may have.

Does your query concern the electric park brake itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭blackbox

I was wondering if it affected how the tester perceived the applicant's control of the car, for example during hill starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

blackbox wrote: »
    I was wondering if it affected how the tester perceived the applicant's control of the car, for example during hill starts.
    I can't see it being any different than vehicles with air operated park brakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

You mean like the handbrake is basically a button beside the steering wheel. Yeah, I know them, you'll probably have to use your foot brake the whole time otherwise it's a lot of hassle. You have put your foot on the brake before the handbrake disengages when you press the button. That's way too time consuming.

Advertisement