Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

hyundai toucon

Options
  • 06-12-2007 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

anyone out there have a problem with the transmission gear box on the toucon mines still under warrenty the garage fixed it with a used/second hand model and gave me the excuse that there is a recall on this part they also gave me a letter saying that they will replace it when the part arrives im also wondering if it goes again and the warrenty runs out will the letter surfice to claim a new one from them any help would be nice:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Unusual for them to have a used part in stock. I'd be pushing for a new part to be fitted under warranty before the Tucson is 3 years old.

Did the garage supply this part themselves to do you a favour?
    Sounds unusual for them to have a used part that they could just give out like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Maybe they took the part from a similar vehicle that they had in stock. This happens, but usually only in exceptional circumstances.

I've only ever heard of Hyundai Ireland doing that (on 6 speed diesel models) as you said - in exceptional circumstances. A dealer shouldn't have a gearbox lying around. If it came out of another jeep, it'd belong to the distributor...

Yep - could have been a distributor 'demo'. The rest is probably a story given to the OP - but it's odd that they told the OP they'd replace with a new one once a new one is available. Seems odd - unless they expect the 'temporary' box to fail..........

I know those Tucsons are considered old fashioned but.....
    tucsonvi4.jpg

:) Can't get away with anything round here!

• Advertisement

A demo model would have the new 130bhp engine with 6 speed box. The OP's is the 116bhp with 5 speed box.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    A demo model would have the new 130bhp engine with 6 speed box. The OP's is the 116bhp with 5 speed box.

In that case, it makes it less sense. Unless a the dealer has a 'floating' gearbox which would be quite unusual.

I know we'd never have a floating, working gearbox! and we wouldn't do a gearbox transplant without somebody paying for it.

Advertisement