Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bent Valves?

Options
  • 06-12-2007 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Quick one guys,

Got some really rought running on my 02 fiesta.
    Once the car gets moving everything seems to be okay but at idel its really rough running and generally stalls. Left it into a small garage and at first glance they said it was 'a compression fault' but wouldnt look after it because they really only did servicing and the like. Mate of mine mentioned bent valves?

Possible? What causes it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

which engine is it?

1.25 1.3 1.4?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Compression fault - maybe. But usually if the valves are bent the engine will not run at all. It could be incorrect valve clearance or even a vacuum leak, but I doubt very much that it's bent valves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

Unless there is really high mileage the 02 Fiesta didnt really suffer with this fault. It is most likely a coil pack or a faulty catalytic convertor.

Bring it to a garage than can do a proper diagnostic check on your engine but if you have the ability to carry out a proper service they should be technically trained to carry out the tests on your car.

Advertisement