Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Road Tax Rates from 1st July 08 for new cars!!

Options
  • 06-12-2007 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

taken from cowans budget doc. 1 july onwards, road tax is based on co2!! for new cars!
    Motor Tax

Motor tax is an essential contributor to Local Government funding. Motor tax has not been changed since 2004. Since then the CPI has risen by around 15%. It is proposed to increase the existing motor tax rates by 9.5% for cars below 2.5 litres and 11% for larger cars from 1 February 2008. Details are contained in the Summary of Budget Measures.

To complement the changes in the VRT system, the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government also intends to bring forward proposals that will link motor tax to CO2 emissions for new cars from 1 July 2008. These measures will allow consumers to act in an environmentally responsible way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Whats the story with tax on a commercial vehicle, presume its not the same increase based on engine size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Whats the story with tax on a commercial vehicle, presume its not the same increase based on engine size.

no changes i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Cool :D. I can keep my 2.5 diesel then at no extra cost. God life is good when you drive a commercial! :D

Advertisement