Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeepers three have gone to the dogs! They are terrible!

• 06-12-2007 1:43am

First off...

They bill me 600 euro for an upgrade phone.
    I call them and they say sorry the bill is issued,we have to take this in direct debit-make sure you have the money in your account!

No amount of persuading would tell them otherwise and they proceed to take the money,thats about €400 more than they should.
    They promise that I will receive a credit over the next few bills and that I won't have to pay anymore for as long as I am in credit :rolleyes:

Thats 3 months ago , my bill is still in credit.

Then last week I go to New york and I can't roam.
    I call them up expensively from someone elses phone and some tech guy in India gets me to take the sim out and change settings galore.
    15 mins later I say that this is getting us nowhere and who is paying for this call.
    I ring again on the way back when I discover that the phone is still not working at heathrow...
    same routine... and another costly call.
    This time they tell me that it must be a coverage issue with 3 uk...I tell them that I am in central London (at this stage I was on a bus and I was getting irate and asked if they were being serious in telling me there was no 3UK coverage on the M25...)

So anyhow I get back to Dublin and as if by magic my phone is working again...so I ring three to give out.
    This time the person tells me roaming was set to off...
    What What?? I said,how could that be,it's a bill pay phone and I've been with ye for 2 years and roamed several times in the last couple of months-why was it off and on who's say so..?

It was a mistake apparently...

I'm quite annoyed especially as two other operators at three's end didn't tell me this or bother to check it out and kept me on the phone at costly rates on someone elses phone at that.

Thats Dumb three and bad business as this is not the first cóck up I've noticed from them but I won't bore ye with the others this is just the latest.
    They've lost my business when my contract is up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Tristrame wrote: »
    First off...

They bill me 600 euro for an upgrade phone.
    I call them and they say sorry the bill is issued,we have to take this in direct debit-make sure you have the money in your account!

No amount of persuading would tell them otherwise and they proceed to take the money,thats about €400 more than they should.
    They promise that I will receive a credit over the next few bills and that I won't have to pay anymore for as long as I am in credit :rolleyes:

Thats 3 months ago , my bill is still in credit.

Then last week I go to New york and I can't roam.
    I call them up expensively from someone elses phone and some tech guy in India gets me to take the sim out and change settings galore.
    15 mins later I say that this is getting us nowhere and who is paying for this call.
    I ring again on the way back when I discover that the phone is still not working at heathrow...
    same routine... and another costly call.
    This time they tell me that it must be a coverage issue with 3 uk...I tell them that I am in central London (at this stage I was on a bus and I was getting irate and asked if they were being serious in telling me there was no 3UK coverage on the M25...)

So anyhow I get back to Dublin and as if by magic my phone is working again...so I ring three to give out.
    This time the person tells me roaming was set to off...
    What What?? I said,how could that be,it's a bill pay phone and I've been with ye for 2 years and roamed several times in the last couple of months-why was it off and on who's say so..?

It was a mistake apparently...

I'm quite annoyed especially as two other operators at three's end didn't tell me this or bother to check it out and kept me on the phone at costly rates on someone elses phone at that.

Thats Dumb three and bad business as this is not the first cóck up I've noticed from them but I won't bore ye with the others this is just the latest.
    They've lost my business when my contract is up.

you get what you pay for. i left them mid contract, without any penalty charges, or fees, i ported my number also, and they fuked that up , some call routing issue. anyways had to change my number, to fix the issue......

vodafone is great, no issues at all excellent service, and when i call their call centre i speak with an irish person... not someone reading from a script..

run run, as fast as your legs can carry you , away from three. you should have cancelled the direct debit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Three :
    • Innovative product
    • Cheap calls
    • Lots of internet stuff
    • Abysmal customer service.
    • Limited roaming agreements

I found their product quite good, and my bills were reasonable with them, but the customer service (or total lack there of) drove me away. I couldn't deal with them at all and switched over to Meteor. Yes, I've lost the fancy internet stuff, but it's a breath of fresh air to be able to call 1905 and speak to someone who is prepared to actually do something. I also still have a data bundle and can check my gmail over EDGE, which is fast enough for most things.

I'd no issue with their Indian operators at 3, it was just that they were not able to actually do anything to help. Support calls would take ridiculous lengths of time (20 mins+) and there would be no resolution.

I had regular billing errors, direct debit mess ups that took huge rows to resolve. A threatening credit control call while my account was fully up to date. Technical issues that lasted months without resolution...

Don't want this to turn into one of the 'rant about 3' threads. But, basically it's a case of 'buyer be ware'. I didn't like them and voted with my feet.

Others seem to have a fine and dandy experience with them...

It all depends on your needs/wants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I had the same issue after an upgrade, in which it appears that I got charged twice for the phone (upgrade done through the Indian CS). I rang and got through to the Scotish center and while it is hard to understand them , they were top. They had me cancell the direct debit, and took a credit card payment for the correct amount, and told me that they would ring back in a couple of weeks to re setup the DD, in which they did. Other than that I have no issues with Three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Hello, as stated in the forum rules, this is not the forum to discuss consumer issues etc that forum can be found Here, or you can contact the National Consumer Agency directly.

Of note: continued posting of consumer issues in this forum has resulted in a ban for previous posters...

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Of note: continued posting of consumer issues in this forum has resulted in a ban for previous posters...

Thank you.

I'm going to step in sorry , but there isnt one rule for mods and others for poster The OP is banned from this form for one week as per rules. Pm Sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Well actually I'm applying the same strategy I have for any previous on here:

I warn on thread and by PM/Infraction and close the thread, then if they repeat I ban.

This is exactaly the same as what I did for the last two posters I had banned for the same issue, so no it's not 'one rule for mods and an other for posters'. I don't hand out bans for regular posters with out warning them (save for, of course, for spam or potentially illegal posts).

The poster had only received a warning from me, so I hadn't banned them. My Of Note: was to highlight if they repeated posting consumer issues they would get a ban.

As such I'm lifting the ban in this case, if they repeat their action I have no problem with a ban being applied.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement