Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO: Legal experts...

Options
  • 06-12-2007 2:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Or just general knowledgable people.

Sent a complaint email to a major company a few days ago, and received a reply back today which was basically mocking me and having a dig.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

I sent this:

2nd December 13:48 mailto28 contact@pringles.co.uk

Hi,

I've been a customer for many years, and have always enjoyed and recommended your product. Most recently, I bought three tubes of Pringles - festive themed Texas BBQ at Tesco in a special 50% offer.

This may seem like an odd question, but have the tubes got smaller width wise? I am half-way through the tube and now find myself struggling to fit my hand in to obtain the Pringles. I am having to tip the container and select a portion of them - which often results in breaking and scattering.

As I say, I have always recommended your product but this incident has left a bitter taste.

Yours Sincerely,
    Rob Walker

And got this back:

Dear Mr. Walker,

Further to your email, I am happy to tell you that our Pringles containers are the same size they have always been.

Perhaps you're just enjoying our delicious products a bit too often!

Best wishes,
    Alan Coates
    Customer Services.

To be honest, I expected a few vouchers or something. It wasn't that big of a deal - but they've made it in to one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

As you've guessed its not me :D

Where does he stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Get a sense of humour?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ha! lol Have a sense of humour. Not only was your complaint ludicrous but you are asking for legal advice?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

LOL. That's brilliant. :D Fair play. I don't know how they could control the laughter long enough to reply.

The only legal advice I can give is to remove the names from your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I wish more business were like that. Great response, I was thinking the same thing as I read your e-mail.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Alan Coates sounds like a nice guy. I thought his was a good humoured response to a silly complaint.

You really need to lighten up.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yeah Pringles! You just couldn't imagine a spokesperson from Walkers giving such a reply could you.

He probably thought you were taking the piss, which is what your mail reads like.
    To be honest, I expected a few vouchers or something. It wasn't that big of a deal - but they've made it in to one.
    Vouchers for what? The gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Lord Deco wrote: »

That's the best company response I have ever seen. Brilliant.

And you expected something?? Oh come on. I think that if you do make any more complaints, they've have even more of a laugh, and rightly so.

How is it a big deal? Please explain?

Advertisement