Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is all the UCD Christmas cheer??

• 06-12-2007 2:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Why is UCD so lacking in Christmas cheer? I'm not saying we should give in to all the commercial crap that goes on at this time of the year but I think a few bright lights, smiles or a bit of tinsil (sp?) here and there would get everyone in a better mood coming up to the exams!!!

Hughie B and modularisation are trying to kill happiness!!!

Maybe that statement was a bit harsh but at the very least they should slap some lights on the water tower (if RTÉ can do it why can't we?) or maybe even ask Librocop to wear a santa suit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Exams and assessments killed it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

RTE leave their lights up all year long, lazy bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Centra in Merville play a few christmas songs. Handful of €2 lights in some windows in Belgrove. That's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

or maybe even ask Librocop to wear a santa suit?
    ShaneU wrote:
    RTE leave their lights up all year long, lazy bastards.
    I would pay good money to see Librocop wear a Santa suit all year round :p

They usually have a good few Christmas trees around the place. There's one lit up at the N11 entrance, Quinn have two, Health Science has one with no decorations as of yet (I presume there was a medical emergency of some sort before they had a chance to decorate it), and I think Science has theirs up. Lights on the water tower would be a bit of a waste I think, it's too far out from the centre of campus, but a few little lights on the trees around the lake would be nice alright.

I feel so Christmassy :D Stupid exams :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

Breezer wrote: »
    Lights on the water tower would be a bit of a waste I think, it's too far out from the centre of campus,

I dunno- The water tower is like a UCD symbol and is visible for miles around south dublin- I can see it from where i'm sitting now- (4 miles from UCD) and i think it would look really great all lit up.

• Advertisement

Hmm, good point, you can see it from Dublin Bay and everything. Right, you grab a load of lights, a cherrypicker and a massive extension cord. Meed me there in an hour. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Simi

No glittery xmas gear eh? Nuig is decked out with real xmas trees & tinsel & crap everywhere. It's all so magical ;) ! Nothing like the smell of a real xmas tree in the liberry to get u in the xmas spirit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

theres a christmas tree in the csi building!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

dhaddock wrote: »
    theres a christmas tree in the csi building!

csi?:D you mean the science hub?ya!i saw it!fancy!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Health Sci Library has decorations which is nice.

The office in Merville is extremely christmassy too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Access to the water tower and its use are tightly controlled by Buidlings and Services due to the already massive ammount of equiptment there and I dont see B&S putting that much work on themselves when they have an entire campus to run just to make the place look festive.

Jackie in the Student Photocopy Center has has her place like Santa's Grotto for the past two weeks and for someone who hates the season as much as me... its painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

seraphimvc wrote: »
    csi?:D you mean the science hub?ya!i saw it!fancy!!:)

No he means CSI! CompSci is pretty decked out for christmas, it's rather cheerfull indeed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

We got our Xmas tree in Eng decorated last night. Very exciting stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Where is all the UCD Christmas cheer?

buried under a big steaming pile of poo (for poo read: essays, assignments, study for exams) ..........ugh will it never end?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

johnnyflav wrote: »
    We got our Xmas tree in Eng decorated last night. Very exciting stuff...
    We have two Christmas trees in eng :)
    And the post grads every year tend to have a "who can have the most christmassy looking room"... well some do. Some are just wasters (Hint hint put up some stuff Red_Alert!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I always hated seeing Christmas decorations in college, it always meant exams were close :(

/scrooge

I hate seeing them coz for me Christmas won't begin until December 20th. The decorations just seem to rub it in even more :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

I was in the Library today: no free seats at all, good thing I wasn't there for long, so I could just stand in the aisle and read.

Some of the people appeared to be living in there, with nowhere else to go... I started wondering if UCD should set up a soup kitchen, maybe send in the St. Bernards with the brandy? Hand out care packages? Anything to give those poor lost souls some Christmas Cheer. ;)

Hugh was going around handing out Arts Degrees from a big brown bag over his back.

The gift of 101 uses
    • bogroll
    • paper airplanes
    • ect ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Grimes wrote: »
    Hugh was going around handing out Arts Degrees from a big brown bag over his back.

The gift of 101 uses
    • bogroll
    • paper airplanes
    • ect ect
    If you fold it up it works quite well in propping up a wobbly table as well.

Next time any of you happen to be in O'Neills, take a look under the table - you might just be lucky enough to find Seb's Honours Degree from 2006.

• Advertisement

stereoroid wrote: »
    I was in the Library today: no free seats at all,

It's verrry scary.
    stereoroid wrote: »
    Some of the people appeared to be living in there, with nowhere else to go...

I'm one of those people, and lemme tell ya, it ain't nice :(

If tehre was a club, I'd join, here nearly 14 hours....

i love my office, c/w couch and soundproofing.

i really drop that in quite alot. So I ask, Is the Library really that busy? Id never know :p

feck off :(

I vote we beseige his nice little study area and take it over. Muhahahahaha

I second that vote. If I can't be comfortable, no one can!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Nothin remotely Christmassy in Newman, its so depressing.
    Theres a few big Xmas trees in Roebuck residences.. I'd like to know how they got them up to the top floor.

I'd like to know how they got them up to the top floor.
    Catapults manned by Hugh's army of Nobel Prize winners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I'll get the Christmas feeling on the 21st Dec when i walk out of my last exam. ONLY THEN WILL I SMILE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

The SU should really do something about this travesty. In particular the irish officer, there's almost a complete lack of christmas cheer as gaeilge. A few nollaig shona duit's around the place would be nice

Advertisement