Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translations Of A Few Phrases

Options
  • 06-12-2007 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I watch a good bit of Japanese wrestling and there's a couple of phrases that I hear over and over again and I've been curious for a while as to what they mean

The one that I hear most often sounds something like "sole-duh-sneh". I'm guessing that it's some sort of term of agreement, that's what it sounds like to me anyway judging by the tone of voice of whoever's saying it

The other one is something like "curry-mas". I'm not really sure what that might mean, so hopefully I have the sound of it right

And the last one that I'm wondering about is a short and sharp "hi", which is usually said on its own, leading me to believe that it just means "yes"

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated! I can't really go looking in a Japanese dictionary for this so hopefully there's someone here who can figure out what I've typed

Comments

Advertisement