Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For Recommendations

Options
  • 06-12-2007 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a book to me. Its going to be an xmas present for an 85 year old man. I was thinking of maybe getting a book on Ireland in the last 100 years or something. Either Irish History or Irish Lifestyle.

Anyone any suggestions?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

History isn't my strong subject but I was listening to the Tubridy show recently and he was raving about this new book Judging Dev. I had a look through it in Easons and it looks nicely produced alright with a lot of photos and scans of original documents and letters. Maybe worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

how about American Psycho?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭markyedison

he may have already read it but sebastian barry's 'a long, long way' is a great historical fiction book about irish soldiers in the great war. (that is great in the pejorative sense, not meaning good but large or immense.:))

marky

Advertisement