Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackberry Pearl to N95

• 06-12-2007 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I have a blackberry pearl on O2 and am thinking of porting to Vodafone and getting a N95 regular or 8GB.
    The reason I am thinking this way is I want better web browsing and like the idea of the 9.99 monthly mobile internet usage
    Do you think this is a good idea or should I look at something else?
    I access my gmail acount and eircom mail accounts on my pearl. Can I access these under the mobile internet package or will they be additional data charges?

Which should I go for 8gb or the regular

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Anybody have any comments/suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Woods

I'd highly recommend the N95 over the Pearl, my brother has one and tbh I was very disappointed with it in comparison to the N95. I'm on Vodafone bill, be careful if switching, as the €9.99 won't cover checking your eircom mail from your 'messages' menu,the access point you will have to use is Vodafone ISP which is alot more expensive then Vodafone live (covered in the €9.99) instead you could navigate using Vodafone live to eircom.net and check them that way. bit of a pain in the t1ts :). With regard to your gmail a/c, you can download a gmail application, and use it via Vodafone live (€9.99 tarriff). I use my WLAN to check my mail at home - dead handy.

I had to change my first two due to faults with the earpiece and the screen, however all that said, I'd recommend the N95 without a second of hesitation (regardless of what the 'nitpickers' say :))

Edit : I'd go for the reg N95, purely for the fact it has a removable micro SD card (only a preference)

Advertisement