Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which colour suits me best?

• 06-12-2007 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi boardsies,
    I could do with some advice, for the last two years my hair has been every colour from light blonde to black, I cant decide which colour suits me best, my friends are no good they say every colour suits me, but i want to get a new hairstyle for xmas and cant decide on the colour.
    I'll attach some photo's of me with different haircolours and if you could take the time, have a look and give me your opinion I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

First one is best imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

Really? I thought that was the worst ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

I agree!! You look gorgeous with darker hair, it suits your skin tone and makes you look really healthy! Then again, some of the other pics are really small, I would say a dark brown would be nice on you aswell!:) (with maybe some chunks of blonde or something to funk it up!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah, I think darker hair suits you better. But it's whatever you like yourself, really.

*Lees* wrote: »
    I agree!! You look gorgeous with darker hair, it suits your skin tone and makes you look really healthy! Then again, some of the other pics are really small, I would say a dark brown would be nice on you aswell!:) (with maybe some chunks of blonde or something to funk it up!)

Ya the last picture is dark brown with blonde chunks but the pic is really small. I loved that colour when i had it done but every time my hair is brown i want blonde hair. I am naturally blonde.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

lezizi wrote: »
    Ya the last picture is dark brown with blonde chunks but the pic is really small. I loved that colour when i had it done but every time my hair is brown i want blonde hair. I am naturally blonde.

Yeah you have the right colour skin and eyebrows that can carry off blonde and darker colours too!! Your lucky... I'd love to go blonde but I just can't carry it off my eyebrows are too dark and I look silly!!:(
    You can get away with any colour really so just go with the one you prefer!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

you look like Leanne Rimes!!!

First one defo ! :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Yeah black, makes you look kinda mediteranian IMHO.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

yeah darker seems the way to go, you wouldnt have to go jet black, a warm dark brown would also work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

The black or the second one... but mainly the black!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 karry1412

I agree - the first one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

first ones hottest, the pic looked slightly a-list too! :D

Thats so funny that ye all said the first one, that was my 21st and i got my hair done that day and cried because i thought it was horrible ha ha.
    I would have said blonde suits me better as im naturally blonde, even though i prefer it dark.
    Im all confused now Im blonde at the moment but now ill think ill go dark again. Ahh i hate my hair:mad:

jesus love, calm im dying me hair the whole time, love it dark colours too, plums, bluey blacks, pink is great too! but if you like it a certain way do it that way! Wherever the mood takes ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

It's a big change that makes you not like your hair i think. i went from fairly blone ( a horrible yellowy blonde now that i look at it) to brown and was so unsure of it i thought i looked so odd and now i'm back to brown with subtle highlights!!

I think the thing with blonde is that you have to get the right colour for your skin tone oherwise it can look awful as mine did!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Definitely dark. Suits your skin tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

48482.jpg48483.jpg48484.jpg48486.jpg48487.jpg
    Hi all, I've never been here before. Found this while stalking Le Rack. If you can forgive me for putting all your pics up together, I'll give a mans opinion.
    At first I thought first pic. Then I removed the distractions (and the baby)and its definitly pic 3.

Thanks blindman, you are after throwing me now ha ha.
    Pic 3 is the way it is now. Oh so much choices i dont know:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

ooh yea putting them up like that I suppose I do prefer the blonde hair! You look more tanned (although you probably just are more tanned)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

First one best. listen to the men in the audience!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

The first one with your hair dark looks fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

first one i would shag you
    4th one i would shag you senseless but maybe thats just cause of the expression

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Jet black without a doubt.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

The dark hair really suits you, although the blond is pretty good too (esp pci 4 where it's kinda in between).
    Why don't you go for a dark brown (bit lighter that the black) and get some lighter pices through it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭A racy brainrot

The first one definately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

empirix wrote: »
    first one i would shag you
    4th one i would shag you senseless but maybe thats just cause of the expression

masturbate.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I'm very tempted to move the first pic to tcn, but if I'm just supposed to be looking at your hair then I pick number 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I think that Pic 3 looks the best (apart from the roots).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

The first one was the best there, but try to become an artificial daywalker (ginger)!

• Advertisement

2 stroke wrote: »
    I'm very tempted to move the first pic to tcn, but if I'm just supposed to be looking at your hair then I pick number 3.

Whats tcn?
    Thanks for the replies im still as confused as ever though;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

2 stroke wrote: »
    That just flew right over my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

2nd one is my favourite! looks like i am in the minority tho!

lezizi wrote: »
    That just flew right over my head.
    see what she did there boys she what she did there!

I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

You can pull off blond (well it is your natural colour:)) but No.1 for me. You look Italian.(That's good :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

I think I prefer the second one best, though I do think you suit all shades.

In order of preference:
    Picture 2
    Picture 1
    Picture 3
    I can't really see the last two pictures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I like the blonde better than the brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

pic one or two tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

the 4th one

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

I'd go with pic 2, pic one looks a little too dark for your skintone and pic three a little too light....but that said, you carry off all the colours. But you look great in pic 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

to be honest dont really LOVE any of them,on first impression i thought pic one then realised the hair colour is too dark for your skin tone,in general the only people who can pull of black/V dark brown hair is those born with it...

I unfortunatly dont really like the blonde either,i think the best is a dark colour for your hair but not as dark as picture 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 siouxie sue

You don't have to be born with black hair to pull it off. Black hair works if you are good looking and this girl is :) I would say pic 1 looks the best, too many blondes out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

You are lucky in that you can get away with any colour. The only one I dont like is the middle of the road dark blond/light brown color as it does nto do anything for you - its not brown its not blond its just meh. The blond suits you though (pic 3 I think).

I think the problem with the black is that it is too harsh. Its blue based rather than red based so it does not enhance your complexion which IMO is warm. I think a dark choaolate brown would look brilliant on you (v dark brown with a red base). Boots botanics do a colour called bitter chocolate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

light blonde is definitely the best on you

As a general rule, people will ALWAYS spout out that they prefer dark hair like trained pigeons. It makes them feel all non-plastic. It annoys me, because i really like the pretty kind of colours bleaching your hair often comes out with. it only looks tacky on fake tan or with shocking pink clothing, in which cakes it's not the hair that's at fault.

have you tried red? a real vibrant orangey red.

dark hair can be really boring and it sucks also. unless you're asian or can pull off the romantic goth look.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

You are lucky in that you can get away with any colour. The only one I dont like is the middle of the road dark blond/light brown color as it does nto do anything for you - its not brown its not blond its just meh. The blond suits you though (pic 3 I think).

I think the problem with the black is that it is too harsh. Its blue based rather than red based so it does not enhance your complexion which IMO is warm. I think a dark choaolate brown would look brilliant on you (v dark brown with a red base). Boots botanics do a colour called bitter chocolate

I dont like the middle of the road colour myself, i was pregnant at the time so i couldnt colour my hair. I think i will try a nice chocolate brown instead of black. it just took so long to get my hair back from brown to black i am afraid to go dark again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Pic 4 or Pic 2, preferably pic 4.

The blonde is too brassy (and roots showing). If the middle of the road colour is what it was when you couldn't colour it, then that's what your natural colour is, not blonde. Unless you want it to be dramatic (the black) then a nice warm brown would be best (and easier to maintain). The chocolate brown would be very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

dark brown in a warm shade. dark hair looks in better condition and shines whereas thats more difficult with blonde. dry haired blondes can look kinda cheap in my opinion and your hair doesnt seem dry but as you know from the roots in pic three theres more maintance with blondes.
    i really didnt like the mousey brown look in number two. kinda liked look 4, i guess coz its a mic of blonde and brown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭indiana jones

a nice jennifer anistony blond is nicest with your skintone.hate the black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

1st

• Advertisement
Advertisement