Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you Brazilian wax.

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Where exactly was the confrontation in my original post?

actually the entire post is quite confrontational: you essentially alluded to those who brazillian wax adhering to a prepubescent aesthetic, which is both insulting to these ladies' partners and to the ladies themselves for being compliant in or accessory to it.

But that's just how I feel about it. People say things that are just as bad about people that don't shave. Not exactly here but in general. It wasn't meant to be offensive and I've stated that before. I'm entitled to my opinion

As a matter of fact going through the comments within this topic someone else mentioned the 'prepubescent' thing before and no one jumped on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

But that's just how I feel about it. People say things that are just as bad about people that don't shave. Not exactly here but in general. It wasn't meant to be offensive and I've stated that before. I'm entitled to my opinion

As a matter of fact going through the comments within this topic someone else mentioned the 'prepubescent' thing before and no one jumped on them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. How you express it is what matters. The very way you started your post, with 'Ugh', suggested you were turning your nose up at people who didn't share your point of view.

Ugh is just a little world. Believe me if I'd have meant to offend people it would have been better than that. And I wouldn't have denied it.

As Novella has said - it's all about tone. Your tone came accross as agressive and attacking. It was not received well by several posters which seems to support that reading of it.

It can be difficult to come accross as how you mean on an internet message board, so just chalk this one up to experience, bow graciously out of the thread, and we'll call it cool.

Further, if you intend to offend people you won't be bowing out of the thread voluntarily.

Back on topic folks. No more warnings, kyedhen.female.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 abee1

does anyone kno what a 'holiday bikini line' wax entails ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

So I have been thinking about getting a wax done for a while- full hollywood, although I've no experience with waxing (I use veet at the mo, but it doesn't last long). So....I'm looking for any suggestions of salons in Kilkenny or nearby, or barring that- what do I look for to know it's a good salon to go to? Any helpful hints or suggestions are much appreciated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

xoixo wrote: »
    I had a hot 'peel off' wax from Brazilia and it really wasn't that painful at all! I actually couldn't believe it, I was freaking out over nothing. Would definitely recommend it to everyone.

I would just like to second this. I used go to Brazilia all the time and it honestly didn't hurt a bit. And I am a big baby who can't lift her arm for 2 days after getting an injection. I also highly recommend their waxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

23% of women don't trim at all? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Full Hollywood for me I have a high pain tolerance :D I feel fresher and cleaner when it's all gone but that's just me. I never was keen on Brazilian waxes to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    Full Hollywood for me I have a high pain tolerance :D I feel fresher and cleaner when it's all gone but that's just me. I never was keen on Brazilian waxes to be honest.

I have a landing strip but don't wax so couldn't vote, waxing is too sore and expensive not worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Pop a few neurophen before you wax, always works for me. I'm a whimp for pain!

I find myself jumping more with my thighs than I do with the landing strip (which is supposed to be one of the most painful parts to get waxed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

Most men prefer a full bush

Full bush:eek:
    I have not seen one of them in years , Ladies keep that stuff well trimmed nothing worse than seeing loose tabacco bursting out of the knickers.

Zeds alive banned 7 days. Read the charter before posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

If this was a certain establishment in Liosbán their best waxer now works out of Hair republic in Westside:)

Sadly the best waxer has also finished up to go travelling.

Just wondering if anyone else had any recommendations for Galway? Have had some horrific experiences before.

I know that people were recommending someone in Wish as well, but I think that she has also left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Hollywood wax veet!!

I'm a total baby :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

I leave a landing strip but other than that am hairless, yeah I agree there is a better sensation 'down there' when one is waxed, but I don't get some of the replies mentioning it being much 'cleaner' or neat and tidy. As if hair were inherintly unhygienic, which its not.
    Somwtimes I wonder if its all connected to the ancient biblical notion of the vagina being inherrintly unclean which is bull****!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I don't think they actually meant being literally "cleaner", it's more the feeling of cleanliness when all the hair is gone and it's lovely and smooth :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I used to get a full Hollywood wax, really wasn't that sore at all. I find eyebrow waxing sorer! But it was very expensive, €60 a month, so I now I just shave. If I had the money I'd still do the wax though. Even though I'm single, I just prefer the Hollywood for myself even!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 JaneB

The thought of a brazillian make me feel pain!I am fair heaired which probably means that i can get away with a lot more than brunettes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

Got my first Hollywood wax last week and oh dear Lord the pain :eek:

I thought I had quite a high tolerance of pain :confused: Maybe I have a high tolerance of certain types of pain :pac:

I've had full leg + bikini waxes and didnt find them too bad (not exactly a walk in the park either) but my God, Hollywood wax was a killer.

Must admit, I do like it this way now though so if I can afford it and put up with the pain, I'd do it again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 1daydreamer

Hollywood took about 20 minutes this morning and the waxer did a great job of it. She used both kinds of wax; the peel-off kind for the more sensitive bits. While it wasn't exactly comfortable, it was quick and no soreness after. (After that appointment I had a meeting with my ex about some business matters, now that was painful!). I really don't like having hair anywhere but my head, tbh. To each her own, but I have tried everything from completely untouched to trimmed to partial waxing, and prefer the complete wax.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

I recently got sick of shaving and opted for waxing instead!

As a wax virgin I was really worried about the whole experience! I got it professionally done with lycon wax, took two neurofen an hour before, and i barely felt a thing! It was great!
    I got a "g-string" wax so there's some hair but not a lot! I think I might go for a brazilian and see how that feels next time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement