Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you Brazilian wax.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Lux23 wrote: »
    I am allergic to waxing so I only really get my eyebrows done. I usually just use immac or shave it all off when I make a mess of it.

I've used Immac on my bikini lilne before and oh god what a disaster that was. Tiny little bloodspots in every bloody pore. In fairness though it was my own fault, the canister does say you shouldn't put it near the bikini line and I did it anyway. My razor was too blunt to use!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

legs for me, are always grand... lotsa soap, electric razor.. fun times.

recnetly while in nz, i accidently left my electric razor at home, and hjad to do my bikini line wiht a manual one... tooke lots of soap and some bodyshop moisturiser toi keep it rash/spot free... but once it's paid attention to... there were absolutely no problems for me, it has to be siad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

narco wrote: »
    surely you just use the moisturiser after teh shave, not during?!

Nope, during. My skin is quite dry so I use a rich moisturiser and it just clogs up the razor but I'm sure a lighter moisturiser would work just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭nickyjellybaby

blindman wrote: »
    Ladies. I certainly notice it but I don't know how yous even contemplate it. You could have my firstborn before i'd let anyone near my tackle with wax. If you want to do something your boyfriend might appreciate i'm sure he would settle for a bj or maybe a threesome.

SETTLE for a threesome?????????????

Eh... think thats a tad more than 'settling'!!

I get waxed religiously every 5-6 weeks and I couldn't imagine growing the stuff back TBH
    however, I take 2 ibruprofen (spelling??) 30mins before I go under the wax and it does ease the pain. Also getting hot water (not the ones with the strips but like a big ball of sticky putty) seems to be easier for some reason

There's a lotion called 'no scream cream' which is just out which acts like an anasthetic - I haven't used it but I believe its meant to lightly numb the area (also used 30 mins beforehand)

If you suffer from ingrown hairs it can be v dangerous - I was almost hospitalised over an infected one so be on guard

Other than that all I can say is that my other half loves it, but I let him endure a bit of fuzz first :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I get waxed every 6-8 weeks. I think the technical term is a californian wax. I get a normal bikini wax and about 1-1.5 inches off the top. I also keep the rest of it trimmed short.

I don't get it done for my other half, I get it done for me. When it starts to get long - it gets itchy and drives me mad. I've been keeping it trimmed long before there was a significant other in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I'm the same as you Rogueish, I kept mine very well trimmed and short long before my bf was in the picture. I don't like the itchy feeling and personally I feel alot cleaner... but that's only my opinion anyway.

Coincidently, I waxed yesterday and my bf was very well impressed and loved it!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Fruiti

i am a recent convert to brazilian waxing and would never go back!!! i always convinced myself that the "natural" look was better - no way!!! and the waxers are not joking when they tell u it gets easier - after 5/6 sessions it hardly hurts at all and u have v little hair regrowth! its the best thing ever! :D well...one of them!

Fruiti wrote: »
    i am a recent convert to brazilian waxing and would never go back!!! i always convinced myself that the "natural" look was better - no way!!! and the waxers are not joking when they tell u it gets easier - after 5/6 sessions it hardly hurts at all and u have v little hair regrowth! its the best thing ever! :D well...one of them!

I have to agree i can see a noticeable difference in hair growth now!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Have to say I don't - I've heard it's painful and my pain threshold isn't the highest!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Fruiti

It's honestly not that bad! i was terrified the first time I got it done - actually having nightmares the night beforehand and only did it cos my younger sister scoffed at me and said its a piece of cake and that i should try it! so i did and im delighted now! and i am a baby when it comes to pain-i think plucking my eyebrows is painful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Tea Leaf

Firstly, the Brazilian is everything off. Including hair between your vagina and arse and between your arse cheeks. This is the stock standard XXX bikini as it's also known. A strip can be left and this is known as the landing strip, Monte Carlo or Hollywood.

Those who whinge about pre-pubescent need to get out more. It's not about the visual :D Any man who has actually experienced a hairless vagina will tell you this. Any woman who's experienced a man (or woman - hey, it's all on for young and old these days) while sporting a Brazilian will also tell you this.

Secondly, a good Brazilian is all in the application.
    Strip and warm wax can be used but the application must be A1. Warm wax is preferred as the formulation is good for sensitive areas but you can use both successfully or together. You must be an experienced waxer before you even think of messing down there. The hair moves in different directions, it's sensitive and if you don't do it correctly, you can cause health complications.

I usually use strip on the legs and bikini areas with warm wax on top of the labia (outer lips). On a guy, it's warm wax on the balls and strip everywhere else. They have tougher skin and hair and this method gets the best results.

Not everyone can have a Brazilian. Diabetics, obese, pregnant, haemophiliacs and other diseases or complications make it a very bad idea. It's also a really bad idea to use depilatory creams on your vagina - by that I mean on the lips and near the hole. Nasty.

Speaking of health, when you have a Brazilian you must be diligent about washing. The vagina is a self cleansing organ and your pubic hair acts as a temperature gauge as well as a filter. When you don't have that there, you are basically left to the elements. Now good underwear can keep Miss Muffy warm but essentially you've got to exfoliate (in one direction and with a light loofah or brush) and moisturise and really be diligent with this. If you don't well, things could get pretty uncomfortable - for you and those standing downwind from you.

For those who whimper about the pain, go to your chemist and get a tube of 3% lignocaine. Or if that's not legal where you are, some hemmorhoid cream. Apply on skin then come and see me.

A good waxer will do a neat Brazillian in about 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

As long as it dosent look like this

W10040%20-%20Black%20afro%20wig.jpg

Im happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That pic reminds me of the time you mooned me Anti... ;):D:p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Brazilian for me, much prefer it, and it's better for bikinis and swimming etc, plus it just feels better.
    Oh and if you're going to do it go to the best
    http://www.brazilia.ie/
    they're a bit pricey but all the girls are lovely, they have tvs in the rooms, and no pain at all.
    they use some warm wax that nowhere else does and it's fab, although sometimes it can be hard to get an app. as they're so popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sorry for posting here

But i dont know how you girls can handle the pain. I once did my legs and chest for charity and that was painful and can only imagine it would be 10 times more painful down there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

i love brazilians...i get one every 2-3 months, in Brazilia..they are totally booked up with long cancelation list over christmas so im going to elysian theripy, its out in leopardstown...anyone ever been there?
    thanks

you just get used to it i suppose!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Never been there Luicifer, but anytime I've had to go somewhere other then brazilia has been a diaster, i've been told Urban wax is as good though?

you just get used to it i suppose!!

I will take your word for it :) Not going to have hot wax anywhere near my manhood but i do trim the hairs lol

Trimming is fab on men! Thank god some men take the cop on to do it!!

Yeah Urban Wax is meant to be great for waxing too!!

• Advertisement

Trimming is fab on men! Thank god some men take the cop on to do it!!

Well trimming keeps it looking nice and neat

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

echosound wrote: »
    Was just about to ask a question along similar lines. Do most women get waxed then? Why? Who in hell is going to see it bar your OH?

I don't wax, I do trim to keep it neat and tidy (i'm not a gorilla with hairgrowth down to my knees so don't see the point of whipping it all off), and I prefer to look like an adult woman personally, rather than a pre-pubescent. For those who shave - can I ask, how can you find red shaving bumps and itchiness more attractive than regular, normal hair?

I dunno, this is just something that evades me, why women would want to strip off all the hair in the pubic region. I understand armpits and legs, after all they are on show at times, but surely your nethers would be on show only to your OH, or possibly gynae?
    Do people expect men to do the same - wax all their hair off? Urrgh!

My DH would be appalled if I decided to go completely bare - apart from the ridiculous cost involved to get it professionally waxed, he cannot fathom how men find it attractive. The one and only time I have ever been completely bare is post-op after a necessary shave and I could not wait for the plastic-doll look to go and to have a normal looking growth of hair and get back to looking like an adult woman rather than feeling like a baldy 8 yr old.

i love the feel of it, it makes me feel sexy and horny. totally worth the pain. i dont do it all the time but when i do hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

get it done whenever i can afford to splash out (i'm a student) though its a lot cheaper to get done over here in england.

personally i much prefer it, simply because i find i'm much more sensitive down there with all the hair out of the way. feels great, the slightest brush of the skin drives me wild :D

Seraphina wrote: »
    get it done whenever i can afford to splash out (i'm a student) though its a lot cheaper to get done over here in england.

personally i much prefer it, simply because i find i'm much more sensitive down there with all the hair out of the way. feels great, the slightest brush of the skin drives me wild :D

cant belive i am saying this

my ex was like that, day after she had her waxing she demanded i was clean shaven and go down on her if drove her wild.

*goes bright red*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

Trust me guys appreciate it. I wouldn't meet a girl a second time unless she had a Brazilian or was extremely well kept. Nothing worse than a hairy arse crack. But a nice shaved mmmmmm yeah thats the way to go.

But guys should shave their bean bags the odd time as well.

Oh and I'm not willing to listen to anybody who likes hairy women. Sometimes a little tiny tiny bit of hair can be okay. Irish women generally are more hary than most, it's not their fault it's just their extremely poor genes and that they're not really human.
    But a huge hairy bush is what is really "disgusting" and "vile".

I'm not trying to insult anybody it's just fact.

I've tried shaving my bits, but I find it really really difficult... :(

Gotta stretch out yer foreskin to make it work

No can do...

And it's not that bit that's the problem... it's the... <_< >_> coin purse

walt0r wrote: »
    Gotta stretch out yer foreskin to make it work

LOL - just go and get it waxed, save so much time

• Advertisement

At €75 it seems like a bit of a rip off

(no pun intended!)

At €75 it seems like a bit of a rip off

(no pun intended!)

get your missus to do it for you:cool:

irishbird wrote: »
    LOL - just go and get it waxed, save so much time

Irishbird, they'd run out of strips in the salon. My baws are h00g!!!

O_O

Don't have a "missus" at the minute... there's a girl I've been on a date with that I'm gettin on very well with, and am goin out with again tomorrow, but that's it...

It definitely feels better when a chick is licking your balls and it's shaven. Must feel better for her too. She doesn't have to be picking pubes outta her teeth.

O_O

Don't have a "missus" at the minute... there's a girl I've been on a date with that I'm gettin on very well with, and am goin out with again tomorrow, but that's it...

That's perfect, you could ask her to do it and cement your relationship :D
    walt0r wrote: »
    It definitely feels better when a chick is licking your balls and it's shaven. Must feel better for her too. She doesn't have to be picking pubes outta her teeth.

LOL, you gotta hate those pubes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Well,I can tell you this,any female who presented a bald/trimmed/shaven box to me would be told to get packin,its a full privet or come back when you grow up.

Can't believe there is a million Euro industry in this town,shaving womens cracks.

irishbird wrote: »
    That's perfect, you could ask her to do it and cement your relationship :D

I can picture it now...

Well, we've been seeing one another a week now, and I think it's time to take it to the next level...

*drops trousers, hands over razor*

I want you to shave me...

*slap*

*slice*

*tears*

*blood*

Can't believe there is a million Euro industry in this town,shaving womens cracks.

We're in the wrong job FB, in the wrong job ;):D

• Advertisement

Thats for sure, that would be one great job.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Sorry for dragging up this thread, but I've decided to take the plunge and go for a Californian (Brazilian is a bit too far for me, less area being waxed = less pain!) Though Iam terrified, I have such a low pain threshold! I'm gonns take 2 panadol about a half hour beforehand and hopefully that'll make things less ghastly.

Wish me luck!

(damn boyfriend better appreciate this...)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ehhh you do know a californian is the whole thing off? = more pain.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I thought the whole bush off was a "Hollywood", includes arse crack and freckle??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

* American waxing: (also known as a basic bikini wax) Removal of hair exposed at the top of the thighs and just under the navel when wearing a regular bikini bottom.[1][3][4]
    * French waxing: (also known as a partial Brazilian wax or Hollywood wax) Leaves a vertical strip in front (landing strip), two to three fingers in width just above the vaginal area.[1][3][5] Hair of the peri-anal area and labia may be removed. Removal of hair from these areas are also known as the Playboy waxing[4] or G-waxing[citation needed].
    * Brazilian waxing: (also known as a full Brazilian wax, full Bikini wax, entire body wax or the Sphinx) Removal of everything, front to back.[1][3][4][5][6] An extreme form of bikini waxing, it involves a complete removal of hair from the buttocks and adjacent to the anus, perineum and vulva (labia majora and mons pubis).[7][8] In Brazil, where the modern use of this type is belived to have originated, it is not called Brazilian waxing, but simply depilar (to wax, to pluck hairs).[7][9] While mainly associated with females, the practice is engaged in by males as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikini_waxing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well the Salon was closed yesterday so that put a stop to my plans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

You'll be grand just hold onto the bed with your nails and let out a yelp,

Just remember, It is pain with a purpose.

It will be over with a flash,,,,

and you will look and feel great.

TIP (Make sure your trimmed before you go in)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Why have i never seen this forum before?!?!?! :eek:

Quality wrote: »
    You'll be grand just hold onto the bed with your nails and let out a yelp,

Just remember, It is pain with a purpose.

It will be over with a flash,,,,

and you will look and feel great.

TIP (Make sure your trimmed before you go in)

i think i am now num to the pain...well i hope.

the last time i waxed, i felt little or not pain and i did a fab job if i do say so myself! :)

yes definitely trim, i remember getting it done before and long hair is not good, not when the wax gets stuck to it loads and all the yanking that follows...ugh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Go to Brazilia on South William Street, it's my second home ha ha. Seriously though, lovely staff, lovely place...doesn't hurt that much when you get used to it. Once you go there for one you'll always want to have it done. Ooh that rhymes, I think that should be their slogan! It's my preference to be always smooth down there, single or not.

Ok wayyyyy too much info, some of you know me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Never done the waxing before! I keep things trim, but waxing sounds painful. But I've had eyebrows and upper lip waxed before and it wasn't painful at all. And I actually kind of like plucking my eyebrows. So a French wax (that's what I'd go for - completely bare is just too weird) may not be the world of pain I'm thinking it is.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement