Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hatton v Mayweather. Wheres the smart money?

Options
  • 06-12-2007 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Floyd Mayweather v Ricky Hatton

Floyd Mayweather 1 - 2
    Draw 18 - 1
    Ricky Hatton 13 - 8

How Will Fight Be Won?

Singles Only.

Mayweather by KO 9 - 2
    Hatton by KO 5 - 1
    Mayweather by TKO 16 - 1
    Hatton by TKO 25 - 1
    Mayweather corner throws in the towel 50 - 1
    Hatton corner throws in the towel 50 - 1
    RSF on Mayweather cuts 33 - 1
    RSF on Hatton cuts 16 - 1
    Mayweather unanimous points decision 15 - 8
    Hatton unanimous points decision 5 - 1
    Mayweather split points decision 11 - 2
    Hatton split points decision 14 - 1
    Mayweather disqualification 33 - 1
    Hatton disqualification 33 - 1
    Tie 18 - 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

bookies think that mayweather will win this easy enough then

id throw a few quid on hatton, on points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

50-1 towel through in? thats worth a small punt no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Cats111

smart money and only money is on mayweather. Id love hatton to win but mayweather is just too good. I think it will go the distance but mayweather to win unanimous decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 WorldWontListen

Mayweather is brilliant, no doubt. But I think Hatton will cause him trouble, and swarm all over him. It could be a long night for Floyd...

A points win to Mayweather is where people are going, but if it goes to points, it will be very close, and at 18/1, is it worth a punt that the Las Vegas judges will ensure this one ends in a draw and we have an even bigger rematch next summer... :D

Also, RSF on Hatton cuts 16 - 1

and

Hatton by KO 5 - 1 for good luck.

Come On RICKY !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

I think this a difficult market to penetrate. And I also have reseravtion with backing the favorite esoically at the price of 1/2. Never had much luck with that price.

Should be entertaining match-up. Late night in with the boys and cans I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

smart money goes towards buying the fight & getting a couple beers i think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

smart money goes towards buying the fight & getting a couple beers i think...

+1
    best idea of the lot...looking at the markets its so tough to find real value.
    maybe hatton cuts is good as he always has had a problem with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

mayweather by tko looks like a nice punt to me, i;m also gonna through a few bob on it beind a draw but I think i saw a far better price then 18-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

Mayweather for me! I cant believe hes drifted from 1/2 to 8/13!! The 7 inch reach advantage is a major factor! I think he will pick hatton off and this could force hatton out of his usual get in close tactics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

jameshayes wrote: »
    50-1 towel through in? thats worth a small punt no?

Good bet.....ricky can suffer badly from cuts....and I remeber Billy Graham(trainer) saying that if they ever got to bad especially in and around the eyes he would have no hesitation in stopping the contest.So with floyd having a 7 inch advantage with his reach that could be a very real possibility.

But its just so close to call........a draw maybe? A win win situation for everyone involved with the fight.......and then the re-match would make even more money!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Mayweather is so overpriced it's unreal, I have lumped on him, he'll spank Hatton around the ring. Furthermore, I don't know if anyone is into UFC but I think that Tommy Speer is way overpriced to beat Mac Danzig in TUF6 Finale. I followed the whole series thus far and have been very impressed with Speer, he beat the favourite for the competition in the last round and seems to be improving all the time. He fights Danzig who I think has reached his peak and has no room for improvement, although he does have more experience. I priced the fight up in my head and made Speer 2/5, but he's actually 6/5!!!! This is a great bet in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Mayweather v Hatton draw at 22/1 - dead cert - on paddy power....

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Mayweather v Hatton draw at 22/1 - dead cert - on paddy power....

26/1 on betfair!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Did hattons corner throw in the towel , I saw one being thrown in , and I had €20 on @ 50/1 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

sharkman wrote: »
    Did hattons corner throw in the towel , I saw one being thrown in , and I had €20 on @ 50/1 ..

Well it hardly came from Mayweathers corner. :)

It did come in but the ref was already stopping it so I'd say it goes down as a referee stoppage.

Interesting !!! The result of the bet is still pending on PP ..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Maybe hattens corner had a few sneaky bets on it too, so when they saw the ref move in to stop it they threw in the towl. :D

Interesting !!! The result of the bet is still pending on PP ..

Results on Paddy P

How Will Fight Be Won? Mayweather by TKO
    Floyd Mayweather by KO or TKO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

What a fight. Mayweather is just incredible, regardless of what the Hatton fanboys say - he was completely outclassed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

how was the bet termed on paddypower ?......... did it state that the fight must be ended by a towel being thrown in?...... or did it just offer "towel to be thrown in" ?

• Advertisement

how was the bet termed on paddypower ?......... did it state that the fight must be ended by a towel being thrown in?...... or did it just offer "towel to be thrown in" ?

How Will Fight Be Won?
    Hatton corner throws in the towel @ 50 - 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

they should honour that feck sake, the fight wouldn't have been so quick to an end if the towel wasn't thrown in - what I'm tryna say is hatton would have been given more time to get up again (was only his 2nd knockdown that round). The split second he went down -there was the towel thrown in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

aghhhhh............ by right you will have lost that bet,....but paddypower being paddypower, you may just get ur money.
    they'll weigh up the amount of money placed on that, see what they have to pay out and then see if they can spin some media promotion on the back of it.

its a tough one,....... i see they were offering "first punch connected" odds..... another debatable topic, as a connected punch is not clearly defined.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Lads, after my comment on post 3 I forgot to place a bet on towel throw in. So if you win you need to send me at least 25% of the money you make. I'll expect it before christmas.

they should honour that feck sake, the fight wouldn't have been so quick to an end if the towel wasn't thrown in - what I'm tryna say is hatton would have been given more time to get up again (was only his 2nd knockdown that round). The split second he went down -there was the towel thrown in.

did you see the fight? the referee didnt even see the towel being thrown in. you can quite clearly see he steps in to stop the fight before hatton even goes down. When hatton hits the canvas the fight is already over in the refs eyes. then the towel comes in when hatton is on the floor....te trainer probably had a few quid at 50s as well!!

Advertisement