Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Cork Restaurant

Options
  • 06-12-2007 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi there,
    Myself and my boyfriend are going to cork for the weekend just before new years and are planning on going for dinner somewhere nice on the friday night, dress up a bit, go out after etc. I looked up a few places and was just wondering if anyone knows anything about them in terms of atmosphere, food quality etc. I don't know about indian restaurants at all but i found for italian food Casanovas, ristorante rossini and il padrino pasta pizza house. Anybody know anything about them? Cheers for any help. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

casanovas do an ok pasta at lunch, never been at night. rossini's has an excellent rep but ive never been there and i really quite like il padrino's and its reasonable

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

cassanova's is nice, but not so much a dressed up affair. il padrino's is savage, you can get all dolled up. not been to rossini's but heard good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

There is a thread further down here on the same topic, ClauClau. It's here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055187517

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

u cant beat a good indian there is a place in east douglas village that does LOVELY indian cant think of the name.... Not cheap.... there are a few reasonable places off of oliver plunkett street too.... a few years ago i might have reccommended starvast but i feel its quality has deteriorated...

in il padrinos theres this old dude in a sharp suit who greets people and treats the staff like grandchildren (maybe they are his?) but he's like something off the sopranos.... actually, more classy... like a real siciliano...
    its so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Isaacs is always good and Cafe Paradiso for top class vegetarian

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Il Padrino's and Rossini's are great, although I've only ever been to Rossini's at lunch time..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Rossinis is awful. Cramped, rude staff, the food is mediocre.

I like Il Padrino though, but for a more casual thing.

Advertisement