Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Road Wars!

Options
  • 06-12-2007 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

Anyone else addicted to this silly program? The cops are so polite, exept the girl with the ponytail. She seems to get pleasure from peoples misfortune. They seem to be pixilating every ones face in it now, even if they are guilty.

Is Slough really that bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

To be honest, I think a lot less of the police forces who participate in the programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Did you see when the police officer smashed the drunk guys head againts the car window and knocked him unconscious?? (drunk auld lad who smashed a pub window) .. you should youtube it. Cant believe they got away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I like it. Particularly the crazy traffic stuff the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Its not a bad show, I thought it was funny when they were chasing a Jeep ,and the Jeep went intop a park, then they tried to follow but the car got caught on the bolard to prevent cars entering the park. :) was funny as they only got the car back from the garage. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

lightening wrote: »

Is Slough really that bad?

YES

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

I love Road Wars.
    What a great programme.
    Reading has a lot crime problems.

We should have our own road wars here , not only for our entertainment , but for Gardai protection & public confidence.
    You think Road Wars would be light enetertainment compared to what our crews would go through with our scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

I want to see the bad guys get away a few times. Just for a bit of variety. Although I'm not sure I fully believe them when they say "This numpty got nabbed a bit further down the road". Yeah right, you never seen him again!

I frequently have insomnia so I am very framiliar with it :)

ronoc wrote: »
    I frequently have insomnia so I am very framiliar with it :)

I assume your referring to the 2-3am re-runs.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

It's exactly the sort of show you would expect to see on Sky - but I must admit I do like it and for Sky TV it actually has good production values. It's pure entertainment and nothing wrong with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

They seem so professional (Obviously for the camera) - Could ya imagien an Irish Guard on it right a big bogger accent on him, trying to say big professional words lol

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Slough...http://www-cdr.stanford.edu/intuition/Slough.html :D
    Even back in the 30's considered a sheet-hole. still a sheet-hole. Reddin's just as bad...

Still, police there are far more mannerly and PROFESSIONAL than I have personally encountered here....

FBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Love this program. My gf hates it though, so a remote battle happens every time.

bobmeaney wrote: »
    Love this program. My gf hates it though, so a remote battle happens every time.

Ha me too.
    I give her a smack on the ass and tell her a re-run is always , JUST AROUND THE CORNER.:D

Advertisement