Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 1Series Coupe

Options
  • 06-12-2007 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any idea what the list price on a new 120 diesel m-sport coupe might be?

Im not being lazy and have googled but cant find an answer!

I have fallen in love! To me it looks like what the new 3series coupe ought to have looked like. :D

Going to see if i can stretch to afford one next year, theres no doubt that i would afford it except for having to pay €100/week to keep a horse in house and board :rolleyes:

Comments

I'd say close to 50k.

Edit: Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

try stump up the extra few squid for the 123d if you can - it is supposed to be a stonking engine and at only 138g/km it will also be cheap to tax once the emissions tax comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

I dont think thats even the sport version! Must pop into garage and price, would also have an interest in a 123d...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

BMW seem to be generating quite a gap between themselves and the competition in terms of the combination of economy and performance. The 123d has a 2litre twin turbo diesel generating 204bhp, 55mpg (combined) and less than 140 g/km Co2 emissions (bear in mind a 1.0l petrol Toyota Yaris emits 127g/km and a 2.0tdi Passat emits circa 170 g/km).

Here's a review on the 123d itself:

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/new_car_reviews/article2744771.ece

If only these engines were in something more affordable... How long until the likes of VW/Ford/PSA catch up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Bendihorse wrote: »
    To me it looks like what the new 3series coupe ought to have looked like. :D

To me it looks like what the new Hyundai Accent coupe ought to have looked like. :D

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=803308

Anyway, If you are gonna go for one definitely go for the 123d. It will hold its value bettter and the engine itself will be absolutely amazing ... if only it was in something more affordable and less hideous looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

In Germany the base model 120d coupe is €28.8k and the 123d coupe is €32.5k

So add maybe about €10k to those? :dunno:

Edit: wait - the Netherlands have a very similar VRT system as Ireland

120d coupe is €34.6k and the 123d is €41.1k (including €4.6k VAT and €11.1k VRT). Add a couple of grand onto that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I was driving past murphy and gunn bmw garage, i think i saw the 1 series coupe.Can someone confirm that as i want to go test drive it someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

mvpr wrote: »
    BMW seem to be generating quite a gap between themselves and the competition in terms of the combination of economy and performance. The 123d has a 2litre twin turbo diesel generating 204bhp, 55mpg (combined) and less than 140 g/km Co2 emissions (bear in mind a 1.0l petrol Toyota Yaris emits 127g/km and a 2.0tdi Passat emits circa 170 g/km).

That sounds like some engine, bloomin heck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Frank Keane's have a 120d coupe at the moment. I have a pic somewhere. I would be very interested in the 123d if it wasn't so ugly.
    120d003ea7.th.jpg120d004jq7.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

drdre wrote: »
    I was driving past murphy and gunn bmw garage, i think i saw the 1 series coupe.Can someone confirm that as i want to go test drive it someday.

I'll personally ring them and tell them you've got no money and no intention of buying it - Why waste a salesmans time?

And before you say you're thinking of buying one - stop talking sh1te, you say in another thread you don't even work

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I'll personally ring them and tell them you've got no money and no intention of buying it - Why waste a salesmans time?

And before you say you're thinking of buying one - stop talking sh1te, you say in another thread you don't even work

What do you mean? I have a plan on changing my car at the end of this year or start of next year.Here is my car at the moment.So whats your problem, Just because you cant afford it stop being a smart ass.Read that thread carefully, i said im not working at the moment as ive taken 2 months off for exams.I have money saved up and i dont have to tell you my financial situation ok
    And please ring all the bmw garages in dublin and let them know im coming.Just to let you know i know people in the car industry and can test drive it no hassle.So please go get a life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

All very off topic

All very off topic

Yeah i know, lets get back to the topic.JohnCleary just had to butt in to get attention ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

BMW seem to be generating quite a gap between themselves and the competition
    Doesn't the 123d have the hybrid-esque stop start system and other hybrid goodies (without being a hybrid)?

That review's not that good. I get the impression the reviewer drove it only briefly as he didn't know how much fuel he used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

JHMEG wrote: »
    Doesn't the 123d have the hybrid-esque stop start system and other hybrid goodies (without being a hybrid)?
    Yes,like all EfficientlyDynamicisied BMWs. Autocar were rather impressed with the car(mainly because of the engine), Autocar managed 50.1 mpg on their Touring route with it(FWIW they managed 51.8 mpg with the Bluemotion Polo, which has an EU combined cycle of 72.4 mpg compared to the BMW's 54.3 mpg).

I note that the 123d is more powerful than a Golf GTI, more torquey than a Ferrari 360, yet more parsimonious than a 1.2 Polo. Believe it or not the E30 M3 had less power when it first came out:eek:. Sounds like a good recepie to me:D. Any review of that engine says its an absolutely amazing engine all things considered.

E92 wrote: »
    I note that the 123d is more powerful than a Golf GTI, more torquey than a Ferrari 360, yet more parsimonious than a 1.2 Polo. Believe it or not the E30 M3 had less power when it first came out:eek:. Sounds like a good recepie to me:D. Any review of that engine says its an absolutely amazing engine all things considered.
    Wow that really puts it into perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Yeah it really is an amazing engine by the sound of things! I would consider buying one too ... pitythe back looks like a hyundai accent coupe .... and the front looks like this http://www.hotink.com/wacky/05_ani.gif

here are comments from the owners incase anyone missed them on the link posted earlier (they are right at the bottom)

I had my 123d 3rd delivered last week, after the first 30mph it feels like a match for my last car, a subaru impreza wrx!

Ben Folliard, stroud,

I've battled to warm to BMW styling for the past couple of years but this has that 80's 3 series feel to it. Very nice.

Ricky, CT, South Africa

I like the 1 coupe, doesn't mean i'd buy one though. Mind you 204BHP to go with that body would be nice. If they just changed the look of the front lights then id be in love with it (although i'd have no practical use for it - maybe for the missus but thats about it). Has anyone got the retail price in Ireland for the 123d? Is that the biggest diesel that's gonna be available?

dre - Without trying to go off topic. Attention seeking? Coming from the one who brags on forums about pulling handbrakes etc. etc... you should take your own advise :rolleyes:

If I wanted a Golf GTI, i'd go out and buy one but I have no use for a FWD turbo petrol engine. As for being able to afford one- That is the most immatture, inaccurate replies i've ever heard. I won't stoop to your level by comparing the value of my other leisurly machine toys. Let's just say that they're worth a fair bit more than a GTI anyhow (excluding cars). Instead I have a diesel car because I put up about 500 miles a week. I had an EVO for a while and just had no use for it. So, me, yeah, jealous alright :rolleyes:. The fact alone that I dont need to go posting pictures of my cars on the internet makes me glad i'm not you

Your immature replies, and other silly replies in other threads really makes me question your intelligence. Also for someone young and not making much (any atm?) money you think you'd buy a car that won't cost you money. The depreciation on a new car is gonna be high - Maybe it doesnt matter to you? Maybe you're just so rich you don't need to think about it? :)

Actually better idea, ignore button is about to get some use. You'll never own a BMW 1 coupe and I can guarantee that. Prove me wrong, go out any buy one.

I see the 123d SE-3door starts at €46,175 with the M-sport coming in at €49,105. Might make a nice second hand purchase in 3 years time. Although I've yet to see a 123d on the road yet.

fletch wrote: »
    I see the 123d SE-3door starts at €46,175 with the M-sport coming in at €49,105. Might make a nice second hand purchase in 3 years time. Although I've yet to see a 123d on the road yet.

Ye gotta have the MTec spec, but crikey at 50k :eek:

• Advertisement

Just seen a really nice blue 1 series coupe in the showroom of maxwells.It was closed so only got a peek from the outside :)

fletch wrote: »
    Might make a nice second hand purchase in 3 years time

You can forget about that :)

Small cars from premium brands like BMW and MB suffer from very low depreciation in this country. Especially the smaller engined versions in general and within that group the diesels in particular. Even in the UK (higher depreciation of cars than any other EU country), the least depreciating main stream cars of all are the BMW 320d and the MB 220CDI, both retaining 70% of their value after 3 years, where most other cars struggle to retain 40-50%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Nice car...but 50k????
    I would rather have a '05 530d for that money.
    Very much a Niche market for the 1series coupe.

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Very much a Niche market for the 1series coupe.

I think that's what they said about the original M3 too :)

The m3 is a niche market???? No??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

50k is a lot for a baby bmeer with just 2 doors!
    You'd get a tasty x5 for 50k, or a really nice Golf GTI.

there is loads more to spend 50k on than this motor.

Its a s.e.x.y. yoke
    A little feminine perhaps.
    However watch this and say you dont want one......

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=SJc2mUGC3tM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Its a s.e.x.y. yoke
    A little feminine perhaps.
    However watch this and say you dont want one......

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=SJc2mUGC3tM

Errrrrrmmmmmmmmmm, i dont want one.

My sister might tho' :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

RobAMerc wrote: »
    try stump up the extra few squid for the 123d if you can - it is supposed to be a stonking engine and at only 138g/km it will also be cheap to tax once the emissions tax comes in.
    According to the video review posted on this thread the 120d does 59mpg and 0-100 in 7.5 seconds. IMHO the 123d is not worth the extra.

Advertisement