Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 1Series Coupe

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

JHMEG wrote: »
    According to the video review posted on this thread the 120d does 59mpg and 0-100 in 7.5 seconds. IMHO the 123d is not worth the extra.

Really you'd have to drive both and decide based on that...

Id love to see one in that lovely dark grey metallic, BF has a 320cdm in that colour and my brother has an s3 in a similar grey and it shows the cars off really well.

Lol at C-Breeze - i can see what you mean when you compared it to the Accent coupe :o I think a lot of the korean type marques take inspiration from the larger more established car manufacturers.
    I realise that the accent is around longer than the 1Series but i guess you could argue that that is a standard enough body shape for any mass produced coupe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

JHMEG wrote: »
    According to the video review posted on this thread the 120d does 59mpg and 0-100 in 7.5 seconds. IMHO the 123d is not worth the extra.

Stats mean little really when it comes to everyday life, I presume the twin turbo is deployed in order to keep Turbo lag at a minimum, it also produces 50 nms of torque more and that is what counts. You would really have to drive both - but according to what I read - the 123 is worth it.

Also the 123d is the "sporty" version and therefore comes better equipped....

"BMW 123d and the 135i come as standard with Dynamic Stability Control+ with its five additional safety features of Soft Stop, Hill start assistant, Brake Drying, Brake pre-tensioning and Brake fade compensation."

Advertisement