Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car won't start

Options
  • 06-12-2007 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Need some help folks. driving a 95 crx del sol that some mornings just does not want to start. only usually happens after a bit of overnight rain. has happened a few times now and is getting very frustrating with work getting busy.

I've so far changed the battery, the battery leads, and the spark plugs but although she'l start most mornings, every now and again( like this morn) she just won't budge.

I've been told that the distributor cap keeps getting clogged or the starter motor needs replacing, but would love to hear opinions from yourselves and any advice from past experiences.

bear in mind i am replacing the car after xmas and will be getting car looked at, but can't be without it for the next few weeks again because of work.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭blackbox

Need more info to give a diagnosis.

What are symptoms - e.g. does starter motor turn over, any unusual noises, smells etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭74merc

Starting problems after rain usually point to the ignition. I would take a look at the distributor cap first. Take it off and check for cracks, a tell-tale sign would be condensation inside it. Also check the contact points are clean, if not bring them back to shiny metal using some fine sandpaper. The rotor arm should also be clean. Hope this helps.

Advertisement