Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for Hairdressers

• 06-12-2007 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi, I was just wondering something. I Have small hard lumps on my head (about 4) which are completly harmless, basically just like a hard ball under my skin. As a result though I am so paronoid about going to a hairdresser. Are they common? do you think if I make an appoinment to get my hair done I should mention it? Is it unfair to expect a hair dresser to go near my hair with lumps on my scalp?

Please help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

do you know what the lumps are?

Are they just lumps of tension in your scalp??

I'm not a hairdresses btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ancient faith

Just hard skin as far as I know. I have a friend who's a hair dresser (she's now moved and I haven't had my hair done since) and she called them "skin tags" and said they're fairly common. But she has to say that, she's my friend haha. I did ask the doctor about them but she just told me not to worry, so I don't! Most of the time I'm not even aware of them, they're only small (about the size of a pea). It's only when I think of getting my hair done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

ah yeah! they're fairly common, i have one on the side of my head at my ear!!

I'd say hairdressers will MUCH prefer doing your hair rather than someone who has nits!!! :)

Don't worry, it's like the dr, waxer or dentist, they've seen it all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

They are most likely sebaceous cysts..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebaceous_cyst

I had one on my head which started out quite small but grew over the past year. My hairdresser never minded it at all but pointed out how much it had grown during one appointment so I got it checked out.

I had it removed a few days ago as the surgeon said once they start growing they'll most likely continue to get bigger and although they are totally harmless mine had actually started to peek out through my hair. I had it removed and didn't need to get any hair shaved and now just have two tiny stitches on my head and assurance that the scar won't be noticable at all.

I reckon hairdressers must be somewhat used to them because my husband has one, my sister has one and my cousin also had one removed. My doctor also said that he's had patients that have multiple ones on their heads.. Thank God us ladies have the hair to cover them - imagine being a balding bloke !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ancient faith

Really? How do you go about getting them removed? Was it sore? I'm a wuss when it comes to needles, stitches etc. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

I had to go to a consultant first and then he made an appointment for the surgery. It was done under local anaesthetic and was fine. It was a bit freaky and my head was quite sore on Monday and is still a little sore today, but not so bad and I'd say it'll heal quite quickly.

No need to get it done though unless they start to grow..

Advertisement