Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Health and Safety Website

Options
  • 06-12-2007 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I would like to let everyone know that the National Irish Safety Organisation launched a new website in early November dedicated to providing information and services to business owners to help them meet their occupational health and safety obligations.

The National Irish Safety Organisation (NISO) is a not for profit organisation and has a nationwide membership base in every kind of industry. Through the education of employers and employees, NISO is dedicated to reducing the number of workplace injuries and fatalities that occur every year in Irish workplaces.

The site provides dedicated health and safety forums and repository with numerous health and safety documents along with other information resources. Over the coming year, lots of additional content and services will also be provided.

I encourage everyone in business, industry or other organisations to register on the site which will also provide a site login. By registering on the site you will gain access to more informational resources and will be allowed participate in the online health and safety discussions. Through the site you will have access to a nationwide network of expertise in every area of workplace health and safety.

Regular information bulletins will also help keep you upto date with your legal requirements such as risk assessments and safety statements.

If you wish you can also subscribe as a member of the organisation. For more details on membership see the website.

Registration is free and you can opt out at any time. Please come online, contribute and support this very important mission.

www.niso.ie

Kind Regards
    Colm Ryan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I've an attention span of about 4 seconds, site looks horrible, snow?, strange red border which is tiled?

Apologies, but the site rendered in a clunky fashion and was relatively slow, which made me turn away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

That red border is really distracting, I find it hard to read the text as my eyes keep getting drawn to the red

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

zabbo wrote: »
    I've an attention span of about 4 seconds, site looks horrible, snow?, strange red border which is tiled?

Apologies, but the site rendered in a clunky fashion and was relatively slow, which made me turn away.

ditto
    fintan wrote: »
    That red border is really distracting, I find it hard to read the text as my eyes keep getting drawn to the red

ditto ...

ouch!!!

honestly though ... what "person" thought having snow on the site would be a good idea ? its distracting .... annoying ... and isn't relevant in any way,

Warning do you have snow in your office ... if so your staff could be at risk its a health and safety violation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Maybe its a way of drumming up business, example:

NISO: Do you suffer from eye strain caused by working in front of a computer all day?
    Punter: Eh, no I don't think so
    NISO: Why don't you visit our site www.NISO.ie and find out?
    Punter: Eh, ok
    Punter: *SCREAMING* MY EYES.... THEY BURN...HEEELLLPPPPP
    NISO: See, you do suffer from eye strain, you should ask your employer for a VDU training session.

Seriously though, tone down the red and ditch the snow.

cheers

Fintan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

What a tacky website, thats all i have to say.I dont even want to bother start reading the pages on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I think this was a case of management getting too much of a say on what the website should do or how it should look.

It's also a system hog, takes up 100% of one of my CPUs.

HRB, http://www.hrb.ie/ , have a nice purple/red color. Go with something dark like that.

Looks like it's only a small start-up company that Colm Ryan setup. http://www.3rdi.ie/ Experience is the best teacher, so I reckon he wont make the same mistakes again :) Good luck with the venture Colm!

Advertisement