Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Couple of questions from (another) noobie

• 06-12-2007 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Hey, I’m 24 and have no experience with bikes whatsoever. I have decided to pic on up mainly for commuting so it will be used mostly for getting in and out of the city centre area.

I’ve been looking into my options but as I don’t know much about bikes I’d appreciate some advice. There are three bikes I’m contemplating: the Yamaha YBR 125. the Honda CG 125 and the Yamaha YZF-R125. The first two are clearly very similar bikes so my question would be is there any difference between them and which one would you guys recommend. As for the YZF it really depends on what price Yamaha set it at, if I can get the bike and insure it for less than 5.5k I would be very tempted by this as any previews I have read seem to be buzzing about this bike. My question here would be would this bike be suitable for just commuting to town, also since I have no experience of bikes at all, would this be biting off a bit more than I could chew?

In case it matters I’m 6ft and weigh 11.5 stone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

Start with the CG125, I did many years ago and progressed onto a kawazaki GPZ500 then a ZZR600 then onto GSXR750 and finally a Fireblade so my advice is to get to know about biking first and don't stretch yourself with a racey bike first, the honda is a lovely little bike to ride and will commute for you no bother, get familiar with you're route on the bike, build your confidence and take it from there.

V important, get some lessons first on road craft and life savers etc, they will save you're life!, :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Also expect to be hit hard for insurance, under 25 and first time on a bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭Laserface

for a tall guy i'd recommend getting a 400cc at least..to begin with.
    125cc bikes are ****in tiny

size wize..and engine wize

you might think you are being safer..but 3 weeks down the line you'll kick yourself

i promise

Advertisement